Sign In   Register

Topic

Car names 6 years 3 days ago #185080

"Mildred", The Mid-Life Crisis. No further explanations needed!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Car names 6 years 2 days ago #185095

When I started acquiring multiple cars they would get known as "the blue one", "the red one", "the yellow one" etc but in addition to the blue ZR and the red maestro we currently have 2 green MGFs and my daily is a black saloon but I have a ZS saloon in black and an Alfa 159 saloon in black............

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Car names 6 years 15 hours ago #185132

Have we had a picture of the Alfa on here or have I missed it? Good looking cars and some great sounding engines .

John

Car names 6 years 12 hours ago #185134

Have we had a picture of the Alfa on here or have I missed it? Good looking cars and some great sounding engines .

John

https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/94002-ebay-purchases-site-upkeep?start=540#184981

Car names 6 years 12 hours ago #185135

Bet that shifts TC .

Car names 5 years 11 months ago #185327

Hesketh.... It's a long story... And not very exciting

Car names 5 years 11 months ago #185332

Hesketh.... It's a long story... And not very exciting

Go on tell us why...hesketh

Car names 5 years 11 months ago #185336

Hesketh is actually Hesketh II.

Hesketh I was an Austin Metro. for reasons that are unclear, it came complete with a teddy bear. This was the cause of much merriment to my colleagues at university, but to get them back for their comments, I spent the rest of that term carrying the bear around lectures and to the bar each night.

At about the same time on TV there was a TV series called Brass. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass_(TV_series) which featured a variety of characters including two named Austin and Morris.(after the motor manufacturers apparently) Morris' character was loosely based on the Sebastian character from brideshead revisited, which the series parodied in some ways. The key part is that Morris, used to carry a teddy bear at all times. The teddy in question was called Hesketh, which in turn is a reference to the Lord Hesketh racing team logo https://goo.gl/images/MRnij7 (I can only assume the series writer was a motor sport fan)

The bear therefore became known as Hesketh and as the car came with it was also named Hesketh....

When I bought my current MGF, I was given a very similar looking MG branded bear by a family member. It came complete with a flying jacket, helmet, goggles and silk scarf, which for those who have met me will realise is my default MG outfit, (mainly because my heater is so rubbish). It seemed logical, though now reading back through all of this I'm starting to question my sanity, that due to the bear connection, that both it, and my MGF be called Hesketh II.

See...

I told you it's was long and not very interesting.

Car names 5 years 11 months ago #185337

But for the inquisitive types like myself I would.rather here the story....nice one enjoy hesketh.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Car names 5 years 11 months ago #185340

Bet that shifts TC .

It has almost twice the power of the of the F but weighs twice as much so isn't as fast as it looks. I didn't buy it for speed but for cruising which it does very well.

Car names 5 years 11 months ago #185341

Nice looking cars alfa.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Car names 5 years 11 months ago #185397

Yes , Alfa's are good lookers but my better half won't have one because.................the number plate isn't in the center of the car! ! ! ! ! ! :spank: Speechless !

John .

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT