Sign In   Register

Topic

Larry Hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123740

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Some of you may have noticed that the Border Patrol have gone a bit quiet over the last couple of days.

As you may have heard by now we have had a bereavement during the Welsh holiday.

Larry Hinrichs passed away in his sleep on the morning of Tuesday 16th July 2013 and was found by Johann, his son.

It was very sudden and unexpected and we were having a great time and a laugh only hours before, which made it even more of a shock for the fellow Border Patrol members that are here in Wales.

Everything was done that could have been done by Johann and the rest of the group. Johann was taken home last night to be with his family.

Larry's loss is felt by all that knew him in the community and he will be sadly missed. He was popular and had a great sense of humour, giving as good as he got. Larry was always there with a funny story or joke as we sat round on an evening on all 3 of the Border Patrol holidays we have had.

Our thoughts go out to Johann and the rest of Larry's family at this sad time and we would like them to know that we are here to help in any way we can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pendle lass, fast jan, mogatrons, birks, Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Laz1957-larry hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123734

It is with great sadness that I heard that Larry has passed away.

He was a personal friend of mine, a really great guy and a keen MGF owner. He and his son Johann participated in many Border Patrol events and came with us to Aviemore and to Italy.

My thoughts are with his family and his many other friends.
RIP Larry Hinrichs
David
:shrug:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Laz1957-larry hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123735

That's terrible news I never met him but my thoughts are with his family & the people who were on the trip with him RIP.

Laz1957-larry hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123737

..... *stunned* ......

I had the very good fortune of enjoying his generous company with yourself David, in Aviemore.

He was a true gent with a grand sense of humour ....

My thoughts and condolences are with Johann and his family.

Larry, I'll miss you and take comfort from you passing while living your passion. :hugs:

RIP friend.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Laz1957-larry hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123738

I hadn't met Larry but the Highland MGOC are off to Applecross on Sunday and I'll spare a few thoughts for him while negotiating the bends in my MGF.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons, birks

Laz1957-larry hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123739

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Sad news indeed, As one of our earliest members I'm sure he'll be missed by us all.

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Larry Hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123745

Nice Bloke, we never met but promised to on one of the runs. However,spent a many happy hour on the phone discussing MGF's and the trials and rewards of ownership. My thoughts are with his family.

TB

Laz1957-larry hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123748

I never met you Larry but anyone who shares my passion is my friend, So RIP my friend.

Laz1957-larry hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123749

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Didn't know Larry but the death of a fellow member is sad news indeed. The death of a fellow Dad more so.
RIP and condolences to his son and wider family.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Laz1957-larry hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123754

Like John I didn't know Larry but my condolences go out to his family.

Laz1957-larry hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123756

We never met or spoke to Larry but both are very sad and stunned at the news of loosing a fellow MG'er and forum member.
Good that his last moments were enjoyable and he was with close friends and family.
Our thoughts go out to his family at this difficult time.

Laz1957-larry hinrichs 10 years 9 months ago #123759

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Richandpaula make an excellent point: if you gotta go, then spending your last times on the planet with friends and a loved one and enjoying life..... Well, it's one of the better ways.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT