Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #50954

So, Judy, Thomas (my step-son), and I are inthe garage drinking micro-brew beers and solving life's problems, but the one that has us wondering is if the engine isn't under the bonnet, is it still the the bonnet? Hmmm....
Mark
95 MGF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #50955

What if it's not in the trunk AKA boot either? :lol:

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #50960

Good Point Leigh, so is the spot up front just the tyre holder? I guess we have boot A and B when it comes to the F?
Mark
95 MGF

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #50961

A few more micro brews and you won't care what you call it!! :beer:

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #50962

I use that hole for camping and touring gear. :) The boot / trunk is kinda full for me. :)

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #50963

Fortuitously for North America, the engine is under the hood...though the hood here being a soft, fabric covering designed to minimise the amount of water entering the cockpit.

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #51058

• Visitor
  • Visitor

I use that hole for camping and touring gear. :) The boot / trunk is kinda full for me. :)

Snap, but mine is for sleeping bags just incase we have a brake down, oil and coolant ;)

Madams is called her front boot, and boot :P

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: No pics quoting please :)

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #51088

Not front bottom, then? :P :P
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #51093

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Now you are confuddling me David :dry:

Love the photos of your Dog in the car, fabulous, definite photo caption comp material there :yesnod:

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #51098

IMO, still a bonnet and a boot. I mean a boot is still a boot even if your foot isn't in it.:shrug: :bust:
David
:shrug:

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #51100

IMO, still a bonnet and a boot. I mean a boot is still a boot even if your foot isn't in it.:shrug: :bust:

+1 I agree still a bonnet and boot to me. The engine's in the boot same as our old Beetle.
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Re: If the engine isn't in the bonnet, is it a bonnet? 11 years 11 months ago #51102

Yup, David makes a strong agrument for it still being a boot and bonnet. I'll just check that question off the list as being solved.
Mark
95 MGF

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT