Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Bypass heatercore on mg tf 5 months 1 day ago #204953

How to bypass heatercore. Does the dash have to be removed and how do I do it. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bypass heatercore on mg tf 5 months 1 day ago #204956

If you are considering taking the dash out as a possible option it sounds like this isn’t a temporary fix. If that’s the case you might be better served by short circuiting the water flow at be back of the car prior to the pipe work entering the “transmission” tunnel.
M

Bypass heatercore on mg tf 5 months 6 hours ago #204986

Thank you for the help.....I want to do away with internal heating as the heater core is leaking so trying to bypass internal flow of water completely as I don't use the car in winter and not sure how to bypass from engine side. Thanks for the help.

Bypass heatercore on mg tf 4 months 4 weeks ago #204991

By pass it where the two hoses at the bulkhead between the engine and the interior.
Mark
95 MGF

Bypass heatercore on mg tf 4 months 4 weeks ago #204992

A good recommendation is to go waaaaaaaaay back, some eleven years two months to post #68600 this covers drips, anywhere drips can be. David starts with a diagram of the cooling system, then progresses through different members dribbles. On Leigh's contribution picture five illustrates the two metal pipes which feed the heater. To link out the matrix send & return connect one to the other. Easy.
m

Bypass heatercore on mg tf 4 months 4 weeks ago #205003

Thanks very.much for all the help....much appreciated and will let you know how it goes soon as weather picks up.

Bypass heatercore on mg tf 4 months 4 weeks ago #205005

Leigh's picture #5 isn't of the pipes and hoses that go the heat, those are the automatic gearbox oil cooler pipes and hoses going to the front of the car.

This picture shows the two hoses (#13 and 14 in David's hose diagram) that goes through the bulkhead to the pipes that go to the heater matrix.
Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mowog73.

Bypass heatercore on mg tf 4 months 4 weeks ago #205006

You are indeed correct & Im sorry to have mislead you, it's my wife whose eyes are poor, so I should have seen & realised I was incorrect. Even the nutted union didn't alert me; poor show! Your pictures are far superior & convey the information better to illustrate how straight forward a job it can be once you are in there.
Sorry again, must try harder, or maybe not at all.
M

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT