Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

For sale: 2009 LE 500, one of the last 8 years 3 months ago #164204

and a few more...

"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

For sale: 2009 LE 500, one of the last 8 years 3 months ago #164210

Very nice looking car and as I said before, it's a great spec. You know what the missing piece of information is that we're all curious to know don't you?

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

For sale: 2009 LE 500, one of the last 8 years 3 months ago #164211

I'm obviously being too subtle...not usually something I'm accused of!

"I bought Ellie in August 2013 for £6,500 intending to keep her"

"I may wait until Spring if I can't recoup at least a significant portion of the cost of buying her."

I'll consider offers around £5,250.
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Last edit: Post by Fatbaldingoldgit.

For sale: 2009 LE 500, one of the last 8 years 3 months ago #164494

Sorry forgot....MOT to Aug 2016..
- Frank Zappa

For sale: 2009 LE 500, one of the last 8 years 3 months ago #164495

Hope you get a good price for this LE500, why did you replace the factory fitted Blister dampers?? I believed that all LE500s were fitted with them??

Bryan,

I think all the TFs from 2005 onwards had the 'soft springs' but the Bilsteins and the thicker anti-roll bar were only standard on the 85th anniversary model. Vehicle Handling Solutions has after market kits and I guess this is what the MGOC sell-on.

Richard

Correct Richard..only the 85th were fitted with the Bilsteins and thicker ARBs...It's a much voiced fallacy that the LE500 had Bilsteins etc as standard. They didn't..The LE500 wasn't bad with the standard fittings but there is a definite but subtle improvement after upgrading to 85th spec..../David

My 05 Steppy has the factory fitted Comfort Handling Pack which has larger diameter ARB and the longer springs (not sure what dampers were fitted at the factory though) The Comfort Handling Pack was a factory option on the MY05 TF's.

It's not the time of year for selling a convertible but a good the time of year for buying one.

I have just sold my TF Steppy this week to one of our members and am in the process of searching for something else a tad bigger, I have been to look at a couple of cheep untidy Porsche Boxsters but just spotted a Merc SLK in the local paper which I am going to look at this afternoon. It needs a bit of work but would also make a good winter project.

For sale: 2009 LE 500, one of the last 8 years 3 months ago #164496

You're right about not being the ideal time of year for selling but I'm hoping that for the right TF there is always a buyer..even if hardly anyone thinks of driving topless in winter!

I've fitted the Comfort Pack ARBs to my LE and IMO it's these which really make most of the difference to the standard LE500 handling.

Good luck with your search for a winter project...can't help feeling that not much winter is left though..
- Frank Zappa

For sale: 2009 LE 500, one of the last 8 years 3 months ago #164497

I'm really tempted with this car, it 's an absolute bargain, but I'm being made redundant in the summer.Plus I think the Mrs. might hurt me if I bought another car :bat:

Good luck with the sale :broon:

Last edit: Post by Bob.

For sale: 2009 LE 500, one of the last 8 years 3 months ago #164501

Hello. This great car needs a good home and the price you suggest seems about right. I'm looking for an LE 500 for my own private use. How near are you to Hassocks, West Sussex?

For sale: 2009 LE 500, one of the last 8 years 3 months ago #164502

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Horsham, So not far at all to you

Last edit: Post by psymon.

For sale: 2009 LE 500, one of the last 8 years 3 months ago #164510

Hello. This great car needs a good home and the price you suggest seems about right. I'm looking for an LE 500 for my own private use. How near are you to Hassocks, West Sussex?

Hi Jim...I've PM'd you...I'm in Horsham, West Sussex..
- Frank Zappa

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT