Sign In   Register

Topic

Wanted A Good Home (Claimed Awaiting Collection) 8 years 3 months ago #164048

Hi All

As its the festive season and time of giving, I'm looking to give Free to a good home, my 1999 Mk2 1.8Mpi MGF.

Its Nightfire Red c/w Red & Black Leather MG Rover Seats. It needs a good home, and I would like it to go to an enthusiast who will look after it, as it is far too good to break.

This is not a basket case far from it. I've spent hundreds, and I mean hundreds & hundreds of pounds (invoices provided) on it in the last two years and now due to age and health issues I can't drive it more than 15-20 miles without suffering in pain.

Whats wrong with it....nothing I know of. I SORN'd it on the 18th November 2015, the tax ran out end of December and the MOT on the 15th December 2015. It sits on the drive at home now under its cover with a Ctek Charger keeping the battery topped up.

In the last 30 months its had the following;

A New Hood c/w a heated glass rear screen fitted.
Four nearly new Toyo Proxy Tyres fitted , done approx 5k miles and one brand new spare never been on.
Wheels Refurbed
New Front Discs & Pads, EBC parts,
New Rear MG Rover Pads,
New Double S Sports Exhaust, Cat and Downpipe
New Accelerator & Bonnet Cables.
Electric Boot Release
New Thermostat & Coolant
Excellent Headlights, not the "Milky Types"
A new original MG Rover Red Tonneau Cover
New Pedal Rubbers
Freelander Indicator & Wiper Stalks.
Ally Type Heater Controls
52mm Throttle Body
Dual Intake Air Filter Body from a 2005 MGTF
New Track Rod Ends
New Front Wheel Bearings
Disc Brake Calipers and S/S Braided Lines
Clutch Fitted by Russell at 114k miles
It had two front wings bonnet and boot lid from a 2005 TF (Nightfire Red)
Mike Satur Door Hinge Bushes
Mike Satur Bell Crank Gear Linkage
Lo-Larm 2
S/S coolant Pipes
Heater Snorkel from a TF
Brake Servo Brkt from Jaylad
4 Suspension Spheres from a low mileage F
New Shockers
All Bushes have been replaced with Poly- Bushes
Interior Carpets and Door & Hood Seals from a 2005 MGTF
Alternator
45 deg grease nipples and suspension arm bump stops
The Rear Lamp protectors from the later model MG's
MG Rover Windstop
And loads of other stuff. too much to list

Rough Cost £4795.00 (Four Thousand Nine Hundred & Seventy Five Pounds)

A case of not knowing when to stop spending in the pursuit of perfection and not getting there.

I have the original handbook and all the documents, complete with the original warranty cards and brochure when the car was bought new and it has two keys and fobs. All invoicing for when work was done. A tremendous service history, the car has always been looked after serviced by me regularly and an independent where necessary. Last service 131886 miles (30/08/14) so it is due a yearly service. It has been regularly waxoyled, the subframes are in first class condition with hardly any surface rust. The sills are solid.

Due to replacing the front wings (the originals were a little scabby), bonnet and boot lid from the late model TF, there is a slight shade difference n the paintwork. Its only noticeable in certain light conditions. The front bumper has a few stone chips and could do with a coat of paint, others would probably leave it, me if I was going to keep it, I'd have it repainted.
I have the original MG Rover Radio / Cassette, in working condition I hasten to add, it has a Sony DAB Radio & CD player fitted at present.

I also have the Roger Parker Book and the Grease Gun Type Suspension Pump to go with it.

It has no MOT, but I have no qualms about it passing its next one. In fact, if somebody pays me for the price of the MOT ticket, I'll have it done before it goes, so that if somebody comes to collect it and is insured and puts some tax on it they can drive it home.

It has covered approx 135k miles, and that seems to be the problem of why I can't sell it. When you drive it you wouldn't know its done that amount of miles. tho'. The head gasket has been replaced twice, bills to prove it. The last time was at 72k miles and there is no oil in the water and the Cam Belt was replaced at 110k miles in July 2012.

I have advertised it locally, but nobody was interested at around the £400-£550 mark. Possibly due to its mileage, but as I cant drive it anymore it would cost me more than that to insure it and put road tax on it to see it sat on the drive..

It even has half a tank of fuel

The car is far from perfect, bodily, but apart from the odd supermarket ding or two and the slightly different shades of paint on the boot lid & bonnet this will make someone very happy, and is waiting to be enjoyed.

By the way it lives in the sunshine state of Cornwall, and as I don't want to insure and tax it you'll have to come and collect it. Like I say I'm happy to MOT it but you will need to tax and insure it before you collect. Don't worry about whether it will get you home or not up until I SORN'd it, I would do 150 -200 miles a day last year in the summer with it, hence the high mileage.

First person to confirm a date for collection by PM'ing me gets it. Come on guys its FREE but for the price of an MOT. Believe me you won't be disappointed, I will be sad to see it go.

Tone

The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Leigh Ping, Bob, Cobber, Bertl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Uncletone.

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164053

Sorry to hear of your poor health and that as a result the fact that you and your car have to part ways.
Your right it's far too good to dismantle.
It's very generous of you to offer it too an enthusiast, and it's a pity on my part that it's on the otherside of the world, otherwise I'd be jostling to be 1st in line, saying: "Pick me....pick me" :lol:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164054

I would snap it up at that price too but i am in London. surely someone wants it :-)

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164055

what a lovely car and a very thoughtful gesture :broon:

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164056

Please don't break her, she's far too nice.

I've sent you a PM :yesnod: :yesnod:
Robin ;)

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164059

Hi Robin,

I definitely won't be breaking it. Hence why I would rather give it away because nobody wants to buy it..

I have replied to your PM..

If you can't make it that's OK, the next to seriously inquire will get it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply tho', I'm glad someone is interested.

Tone
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Uncletone.

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164060

Tone,

I'm so pleased that you are prepared to give the car away rather than break her for the parts. I really don't need 2 of them and I could hardly be further away in the UK (north of Inverness) but if no one else comes forward to keep her in one piece I will come down to collect her. I am sure that there are enthusiasts up here who would take the car for the cost of my travel/MOT.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Uncletone

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164061

Hi Richard,

I hope that somebody wants it.

I appreciate that some will think I must be mad or there is something wrong with the car. Believe me the car is in great condition. I did advertise it in the late summer for, £550, what I thought was a fair price but nobody called, So I SORN'd the car and parked it on the drive. Apart from a weekly start and run up to temp it hasn't moved. So I thought what the heck, it will cost me around £600.00 to tax and insure it and I can't drive it.

It would be nice to get some money for it but nobody will pay its old. not perfect but runs great and the mileage is the killer 135k miles.

I hate to see the thing sat there when someone who is an enthusiast will look after it

Tone
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164063

Hi Tone

I haven't been active on here for a while as I have been MGless

I have sent you a PM

Kerry x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncletone

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164066

What a tremendous offer!!

I'd have it in a heartbeat but no room and your too far away :nonod:

Good luck and all the best :beer:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164067

It is a good car and a good offer - I've pmailed you Tone.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wanted A Good Home 8 years 3 months ago #164068

It's a damn shame , Tone. :(
I agree with your decision though. I would much rather my car went to an enthusiast for free, rather than get peanuts for it from someone who wouldn't appreciate it.

It is obviously a much loved car and will give someone a lot of pleasure. :broon:

Looks as if you have a good level of interest from the members. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT