Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello! 1 month 8 hours ago #206345

Hi everyone,

Just joined with my 2004 TF (Emily) that I've owned for a couple of weeks. London based.

Some old posts here have already helped me out of a couple of tight spots, so I'm pretty happy to be in a community around these cars.

Andy
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, sworkscooper, mnripley

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Hello! 1 month 8 hours ago #206346

Hi Andy. Welcome. Have you had to do much to your TF so far ?
I like the white alloys, did you do that?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Hello! 1 month 8 hours ago #206347

The previous owner looked after it quite well - they painted the alloys, I quite like them.

I've done a bit of tinkering, but nothing too major, the throttle was a bit sticky so I spend a little while to oil that and its much better now. I've spend most of my time charging the battery - my own fault, I've got out of the habit with modern cars of remembering to turn the light off when you get out. But I did find that the "lights on" buzzer seems to of failed, I have a replacement MFU sat on the kitchen table that I'll switch over when I have some time.

My next thing, I think is to get a second key. It only came with one (Pektron) and Timspson wanted £249 to make one! So I think I'm about to start my pscan adventure. I work in tech, so I'm kind of up for the idea of plugging a laptop into the car and doing it myself.

Hello! 1 month 7 hours ago #206348

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Hello! 1 month 6 hours ago #206351

A +1 for the wheels & a thumbs up for the potential technical knowledge, there are a number of older gezzers on here who haven’t advanced much from a four pack of HP11s & a 6.3v bulb.
I’ve moved on to LEDs & a lipo battery.
Interesting both types of battery will burst, the HP11 do it slowly, a lipo failure is much more impressive & the smoke & stink are in a league of there own, especially when in a confined space, let’s say my workshop for example.
M

Hello! 1 month 4 hours ago #206353

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Hi Andy, welcome aboard!

Very neat car! :broon:
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Hello! 4 weeks 1 day ago #206360

Welcome Andy. Where in London, N, W, S or E?

Hello! 4 weeks 1 day ago #206363

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The pscan is a great bit of kit but I don't think it can program a Pektron remote. The man for that job is www.technozen-electronics.co.uk and he is only down in Brighton if you fancy a run to the coast.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andycb

Hello! 3 weeks 6 days ago #206400

Based on North London.

Thanks for the tip on key programming - Brighton isn't a bad run from here.

Hello! 3 weeks 6 days ago #206401

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The pscan is a great bit of kit but I don't think it can program a Pektron remote. The man for that job is www.technozen-electronics.co.uk and he is only down in Brighton if you fancy a run to the coast.

James

Pscan if fully capable of programming Pektron remote to the car. It is capable to program some Pektron remotes which T4 cannot.

However what you need is completely new Pektron remote with its 22-digit barcode which is essential for programming.

The previous owner looked after it quite well - they painted the alloys, I quite like them.

I've done a bit of tinkering, but nothing too major, the throttle was a bit sticky so I spend a little while to oil that and its much better now. I've spend most of my time charging the battery - my own fault, I've got out of the habit with modern cars of remembering to turn the light off when you get out. But I did find that the "lights on" buzzer seems to of failed, I have a replacement MFU sat on the kitchen table that I'll switch over when I have some time.

My next thing, I think is to get a second key. It only came with one (Pektron) and Timspson wanted £249 to make one! So I think I'm about to start my pscan adventure. I work in tech, so I'm kind of up for the idea of plugging a laptop into the car and doing it myself.

What puzzles me is that you are mentioning MFU. I hope that is just a choice of words and that you have spare BCU unit on the table, since Pektron cars does not have MFU unit at all. MFU unit is replaced with BCU.

However, since "lights on" buzzer is part of BCU now which also hold your Pektron remote info it might be worth to use service of above mentioned Technozen.

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT