Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello from Westmeath, Ireland. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203830

Mu MGF is a 118bhp model. Nothing fancy, but I enjoy driving her.

I'll read up on the coolant alarm as I'm positive this doesn't have one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello from Westmeath, Ireland. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203835

As you can see there are any number of members who will be willing to help & with contributors from as far away as Australia there will be views from all manner of different angles. They all have one thing in common though, to help you get the most fun for your euro.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: RookyMGF

Hello from Westmeath, Ireland. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203840

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
welcome aboard!

Great to see the Irish chapter growing, greetings from Cork!
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Hello from Westmeath, Ireland. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203841

One of the regulars here BruceTF135 invented a cracking low coolant alarm that just needs a sensor to be glued to the coolant bottle. It plugs into the existing wiring at the back without the need for any cutting into the loom . Ive had one in use for some while and have recently bought a 2nd one to fit to the other car Im doing now.
Other options are available including one that replicates the type fitted to later MGs that has a coolant tank with an internal float.

The 118 , often called the 120, is the middle spec MG F and the most popular. The engine characteristics suit the car very well.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Hello from Westmeath, Ireland. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203843

I like the sound of that coolant alarm. Sounds perfect. Does he sell them or can we get a list of parts needed for it?

Hello from Westmeath, Ireland. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203847

Bruce sells them and includes instructions. Ive PMd you his email address or you could contact him through the forum by putting his username in the Search field and sending him a PM.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Hello from Westmeath, Ireland. 8 months 2 weeks ago #203852

One of the regulars here BruceTF135 invented a cracking low coolant alarm that just needs a sensor to be glued to the coolant bottle. It plugs into the existing wiring at the back without the need for any cutting into the loom . Ive had one in use for some while and have recently bought a 2nd one to fit to the other car Im doing now.
Other options are available including one that replicates the type fitted to later MGs that has a coolant tank with an internal float.

I'm still here and offer T-Bar members a significant discount on the eBay price for my low coolant alarms. Just send me a PM. I check in regularly. The system is contactless so requires no drilling into the pressurised expansion tank and does not require an expensive new tank with a float sensor. Everything but basic tools and a bit of glue is included for installation into a MGF / MG TF.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT