Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:Re:MG F 1 year 2 weeks ago #201381

That is complete nonsense, there is no way to erase an ecu memory that is more likely to damage it if there is any residual voltage left in the capacitors within the ecu, I suggest anything you do now is just causing more problems, it my be time to call in the professionals. Sorry to be brutal but MGF is a fairly modern car and the old ways of flashing alternator/ dynamos have long gone, to check faults now you really need diagnostic tools.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG F 1 year 2 weeks ago #201382

Thanks the problem is ,if a mechanic friend told me to do that and you expect it to be true .Also I then went onto the internet and there are loads of people saying the same So its a bit difficult to ignore there advice Any way it done and I am waiting for replacement door locks as more then one person on the fotum,said if they sound like a machine gun,when being operated they are on the way out or faulty Once finished any more problems and I will have a diagnostic test done Len

Re:MG F 1 year 2 weeks ago #201383

Let me clarify the position you now find yourself in. As you have said you are waiting for your replacement lock mechanism to arrive & in the interim you have disconnected both poles of the battery, connecting the cables together to drain any voltage held residualy in the various MEMs modules. You hope this action will reset the ECU. Having then reconnected the battery you don't have any visible indication of power. You say you have checked the big fuse, which is Ok, which fuse is this, the one under the bonnet (which is the EPAS supply) or the fuse behind the engine/boot bulkhead. To know where you're up to will help those who wish to guide you back to the high road consider what advice to proffer. And finally can I say there's value in the comments Steve has made.

Re:MG F 1 year 2 weeks ago #201385

As I said earlier forget what I said about the loss of power it was a mistake .Im just waiting now for the door locks to arrive Once fitted I can then decide the next step Len

Re:MG F 1 year 1 week ago #201386

Good morning.Im finding,that I still have problems ,following our accident on the M6 when a 25 ton lorry ran into our car.It resulted in the car being written off and whiplash injuries So I am going to have a break from the MG until I feel back to normal .Im finding bending and lying down to work is not making me feel right and since there is no rush Ill give it a break Len

Re:MG F 1 year 1 week ago #201387

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
get better soon Len. Sending good vibes.
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Re:Re:MG F 1 year 1 week ago #201388

Hope you get well soon, keeps us informed of your MG progress when you get back to it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Re:MG F 1 year 1 week ago #201400

That’s probably a good idea, putting a bit of distance, in both space & time, between you & the jobs in hand may well help you distill the foment you find yourself in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: digcot65

Re:MG F 1 year 1 week ago #201403

Hello I will not do me any harm to have a break from doing anything The effects of the accident are worse than I thought However my wife and I were very luck,thinking what might have been I spoke to the manager of the company that own the lorry and there were cameras on it ,which showed my car being hit and then spinning across the M6 out of control Fortunately,I managed to get control of it before we hit the central barrier Len

Re:MG F 1 year 4 days ago #201496

You did well to bring the car under control again after that Len. I hope the aches and pains ease off soon and you can get back tho the MG and your hobbies as usual
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT