Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185701

Morning All,
I joined this site a month ago now after being offered an MGF for a very reasonable price. I don't have the car as yet as I'll be picking it up on 1st June.
I've recently retired after 45 years of seafaring career in the Merchant Navy, the last 34 years of which has seen me working worldwide on offshore vessels such as Diving and Pipelay ships. The last 15 years as a Chief Engineer, hence my forum name. I've had a diverse collection of cars over the years and carried out almost all of the work on them myself. Currently run a BMW 530dGT as my daily along with a Saab 9-5 Aero estate and have a TVR "wedge" that I am rebuilding.

The MGF I'm buying is one of the early "wedgewood" SE's with a W reg plate. Its had 1 family owned from new and has only done 41k miles. The head gasket was done around 20k miles along with new stainless coolant pipes. Car also comes with a hard top and indoor cover and is immaculate with no signs of corrosion at all. The car has always been garaged when not in use. One modification that will need doing is the low coolant alarm which I'll be doing sooner rather than later, after reading the various posts on the forum.
The person selling me the car has been a very good friend of mine for 45 years and its his step sons/wifes car. he doesn't use the MGF as he has an MG RV8. He therefore wants to move the MGF on for more garage space.
Any members want to put a price on the MGF, please feel free.
Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185702

But what do you know about coffee? ;) (Sorry, topical forum humour of the past week or so!)

Welcome to the forums. Yes, the Wedgewood sounds quite nice. It's always hard to out a price on them, as the weather and time of year can make a big difference.

There is a steptronic Wedgewood on eBay right now
Mgf limited edition Se. Excellent condition
Completed
for £1775 which has a few watchers but no one is jumping on it.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=mgf gives some idea about relative rarity

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185704

Thanks for the welcome.
The one I'm buying is quite a bit less than their asking price and 25k less miles with 1 owner.
Dave.

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185705

Hello & that's another f accounted for, in the North West too. Good, Mike

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185706

Hi Dave welcome to the Forum. Also reside in Southport so if you need any advice (as best I can) give me a call
Robert

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185709

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the welcome.
I'm in the Crossens area of Southport.....where about are you ??
Dave.

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185710

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the welcome.
Where in the Northwest are you ??
Dave.

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185712

Lancashire Hill Country, between Blackburn & Haslingden.

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185717

:welcome: :welcome: sounds like a good buy, you will have let us know how much it cost you. and put some pics up for us to see it

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185718

Dave

Top end of Lord Street.

Regards

Robert

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185719

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Robin ;)

New member from Southport 5 years 11 months ago #185723

Hi and :welcome: from John currently in Bologna Italy , but from Pudsey West Yorkshire. :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.104 seconds