Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Ere me Ansomes , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #167996

Hi All

I`ve had two MGF`s now for nearly 3 years, been using your how-to guides quite a lot, thought it was time I signed up.

I`ve always been a Landrover driver (owned a series 2 for about 30yrs), bought it before I could drive for £100 with a 45 gallon drum of diesel.
But it did need a LOT of work.
Put another landrover back on the road for my mother, then wanted something different different & bought a Chevrolet C15 truck.
Yep, definitely different. Was a major task, took about 5 years just to put it on the road again.
Just as well I am a welder/fabricator (had to build a new rear body & tool box, front wings, door tops etc.etc.).
It`s fun to drive, has a crash box & a center throttle powered by a straight 6 3500cc petrol lump.
After purchase in 1989

Selling poppies last year.

Owned 2 Discoveries as well (first eventually dissolved, despite major welding, 2nd is less rusty, hopefully).

Always referred to sports cars as "scateboards" & a bit pointless.

Yeah, I was wrong, I confess.

My missus used to have a soft-top vitara & loved it. She mentioned one day that she would love a convertible.
Off to Ebay, up came ridiculously cheap MGF`s.
Everyone moaning about head gaskets, however, looking elsewhere EVERYONE who had owned one loved them.
Hmmm. More research methinks. Cheap to run, cheap to insure, cheap parts, cheap to buy.

Anyway bought one for the missus, needed a wing, rear window & a bit of a repaint & turned out to be a VVC.
WOW!, what an eye opener. :omg: Fantastic little car!, why aren`t more people snapping these up?
One MAJOR fault though, she named it "Baby" & I was never, ever allowed to drive it. :nonod:

So, sod it, I went out & bought another one :woohoo:

Between them I have now, done oil changes, stainless water pipes, door locks, rear window, head lining, electrical short (behind radio), wheel bearing, brake disks, cold air induction mod, exhaust, boot hinges, batteries, etc.
My partner has the distinct ability to attract faultts.
Think I have earned my membership now though :drive:

Still they are great fun, my boss is impressed & my neighbour is jealous too.
I also have taken them drag racing & got a total fluke time in mine :broon:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, sworkscooper, mgtftone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Ere me Ansome`s , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #167998

yes me to had the landrover bug with series landrovers...which is where i got my first taste of open top driving..still like landrovers....got a urge for a light weight or a 101 fc..like the chevvy its got a lot of character :broon:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Ere me Ansome`s , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #168001

Welcome from another 'funster' driver based in Cornwall. And what a perfect day it was today in sunny Falmouth.....

Ere me Ansome`s , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #168004

Hi.

To the Forum.
I like the pics, nice trio of vehicles. :broon:

Tony ;)
Attachments:

Ere me Ansome`s , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #168005

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Ere me Ansome`s , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #168006

Thanks for signing up. :)

Ere me Ansome`s , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #168009

Welcome Sir. I have to say I do like your Landy :) You are also very polite. I once had a girlfriend from Cornwall (Helston) who's Mother always called me an Emmet, a perjorative term for non Cornish :) Lucky escape I had from that MiL.

Also, well done on your drag racing, I read about that - damn good time you made Sir :)

Last edit: Post by Hammy.

Ere me Ansomes , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #168019

Hi and :welcome: from Yorkshire . You have three good looking vehicles there . Funny how so many people find the roadster to be so enjoyable , shame that the current owners of the MG brand don't seem to be anywhere near to replacing the model that so many people are now beginning to appreciate .

Ere me Ansomes , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #168020

hello and welcome nice pair of F's you have there. :welcome:

Ere me Ansomes , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #168032

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Robin ;)

Ere me Ansomes , another from Cornwall dreckly 8 years 1 week ago #168039

Impresive work.

I drove a Ford artic tractor unit once with a crash box, confused the hell out of me, it had split shifts and all sorts.
However I drove a routemaster once with a 3 speed crash box and that was a doddle.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT