Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Back Again 12 years 3 months ago #37922

Hi everyone,
I've not been on for a few weeks as real life has intruded - found out I was being made redundant just before Christmas but now have a new job lined up so I'll be out of work just for this weekend - so thought I'd best re-introduce myself.
I'm Andy the proud owner of a Trophy Blue TF160. I live down South, to me the North starts at the M4, and have a wife and two small boys. As we can't all fit in the TF, I get on less runs than I'd like and my brother-in-law has decided to get married at the end of this month so I won't be able to make the FRL run which was such fun last year.
The new job means three months of 150 mile round trips in the TF so it'll certainly be earning it's keep. I'll be taking the back roads, rather than 90 miles each way on the motorway so I should at least smile as I drive there and back.

Andy
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Tsleight

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Back Again 12 years 3 months ago #37926

Welcome back, we had missed you. i was made redundant 16 years ago at the ripe old age of 52, best thing that ever happened, got a good package and became self employed and still am (i am a Surveyor) Good news that you have a new contract lined up and that the TF is going to get a lot of use, which will do it the world of good. Where SOUTH are you?? you may wish to enter the Epsom MGOC Surrey Run on 15 July 2012 starts in Leatherhead, 65 to 70 miles of Surrey and Sussex countryside and finishes at Hollycombe Steam Museum in Liphook, Hampshire £18 per car. 250 expected. PM me an email address and i will send you a form. :woohoo:

Re: Back Again 12 years 3 months ago #37929

I was just wondering where you'd disappeared to. :yesnod:

Good you're back on harness so quickly. :broon:
David
:shrug:

Re: Back Again 12 years 3 months ago #37938

Welcome back, we had missed you. i was made redundant 16 years ago at the ripe old age of 52, best thing that ever happened, got a good package and became self employed and still am (i am a Surveyor) Good news that you have a new contract lined up and that the TF is going to get a lot of use, which will do it the world of good. Where SOUTH are you?? you may wish to enter the Epsom MGOC Surrey Run on 15 July 2012 starts in Leatherhead, 65 to 70 miles of Surrey and Sussex countryside and finishes at Hollycombe Steam Museum in Liphook, Hampshire £18 per car. 250 expected. PM me an email address and i will send you a form. :woohoo:

41 for me and the second time in three years so I've decide to go freelance, IT contracting. I'm now going through the ins and outs of forming a limited company and just how confusing the tax man can be. I live in Basingstoke and the new role is just outside Brighton so I'll be driving across Sussex to avoid the joy of the M25.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: Back Again 12 years 3 months ago #37941

Welcome back Andy. Good to see you again. :)

Re: Back Again 12 years 3 months ago #37945

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Welcome back, I'll have to keep an eye for your car, Just outside Brighton is my stomping ground.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Back Again 12 years 3 months ago #37991

Looks like I won't be driving that way now.
Just had a call to say the client has pulled the contract so back to searching again. :unsure:

Re: Back Again 12 years 3 months ago #37992

Looks like I won't be driving that way now.
Just had a call to say the client has pulled the contract so back to searching again. :unsure:

Damn... Good luck!
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Back Again 12 years 3 months ago #38284

Welcome back Andy. Good luck with the search :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT