Sign In   Register

Topic

How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36560

I've just found this page after being on here for a week or so - Got a bit side tracked with the Quizes - It's a full time job just trying to keep up let alone actually try to answer a question..... :P

Anyway, I'm Gary, aka Gadge/Gadget up to you.
I'm in Brackley, few miles down the road from Silverstone. Scratching the MG itch with a TF 135. Searched for best part of a year for one in Black/Anthracite with the Grenadine interior at the right price. Would have loved the Grenadine roof too but got bored and went for this one with the black hood. It as it has the traditional scuff marks and two pin prick holes from catching when being lowered, so a little fixer up-er and may well have a Grenadine hood in the Spring!

The 1972 BGT was not as practical every day as I had hoped hence the "modern" TF.

Love the MG Community, if anyone needs a hand with anything locally I am always willing to lend a hand if available - prefer to help you trash you car before trying something on mine :bust:

Maybe I'll bump in to some of you at Stoneleigh next month.
Shopping list as follows
Lexus style Lights
Grenadine Hood with glass window
Daytona or Scorpion Exhaust
Z&F Remap
PiperCross/K&N Filter/820 airbox mod
Rear spoiler??

So if anyone has any of the above in the garage and meaning to get round to selling, please let me know.

Cheers
Gary

[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Turned to the Darkside, K&N Apollo and extra bling fitted.52mm TB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgf04ron, rog1963, Tsleight, Red Devil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Inserted the pic correctly. :)

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36562

Welcome Gadget. Have fun and check the how to guides and videos to find your way around the site. It's the big orange button on the left. :)

Great looking car too. :broon:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36564

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36566

Hi Gadget and welcome to the friendliest F/TF forum in the world :thumbsup:

That is a very nice looking TF you have and by the looks of your list, is going to get even better :broon:

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36568

• Visitor
  • Visitor
A TT exhaust would sound a lot better :P
Nice car though :broon:

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36579

Hi and welcome.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget2466

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36586

Thanks everyone,

So, Softly has opened the debate......, which is better, Daytona, Scorpion, TT or Other exhaust.

I don't want this to be a money pit (the '72 BGT was that and I want to remain married), so price is a factor.

Cheers
Gary

Turned to the Darkside, K&N Apollo and extra bling fitted.52mm TB

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36589

alot of folks reconmend the daytona but i have a TT mk 7 thats nice and does not drone on your ears on the motorway. its got a nice growl to it when you open up the throttle, theres a video leigh done for me on the video section.. :yesnod:

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36591

The Daytona was voted the best sounding exhaust for the F / TF. :yesnod:
My personal view - Daytonas are refined in town driving, but come alive when you use revs, giving the perfect British Sports car sound! :yesnod: :thumbsup:

Personally, if price is the governing factor, I would haunt ebay for a second hand Daytona, Scorpion or Blueflame -all sound great!. New - Toyo exhausts are good value and sound Ok too. :thumbsup:

Again Personally, I have heard all TTs apart from the Mk7(latest). I don't like them, they are very raucous, and after a while the constant drone can irritate at motor way speeds. :nonod:

TTs do have many fans, however, and I'm sure someone will be along soon to sing their praises. As I say this is just my personal preferences.
David
:shrug:

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36594

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Thanks everyone,

So, Softly has opened the debate......, which is better, Daytona, Scorpion, TT or Other exhaust.

I don't want this to be a money pit (the '72 BGT was that and I want to remain married), so price is a factor.

Cheers
Gary

Oh very dear ;)

I just love loud raucous and look at/hear me exhausts, although mine does come with open carbon fiber air induction and Lotus Elise de cat :P

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36605

I like it quiet. My roof is almost always down and I listen to radio 2 mostly, right up until they do God. Then I listen raw bashment reggae stations. There's a few of them in Brum. :lol:

Re: How do.......... 12 years 3 months ago #36612

Hi Gadget and a BIG WELCOME TO THE FORUM :woohoo: :woohoo: it is a great place to be as you will see from the other comments. Also pleased that you have been looking at the quizzes!! good arent they?? loads of super MG questions out there and the others Weeeeell :omg: Please ask any questions you like, even non MG ones. :thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT