Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26338

Tim here in sunny (not) St Ives. The Cambridgeshire version. Followed your forum and thought i'd say hello!
Bought a nightfire red 1999 MGF VVC about a month ago. Decent condition for just over 100 000 miles. Just found a cheap, new 52 mm throttle body off ebay which i can't wait to (attempt to) fit! Luckily neighbour is a mechanic if I get stuck! Will post a pic of car once website is back with more space!
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26341

Welcome to the forum Tim. A great bunch of lads and lasses with no shortage of advice. Good luck with the car.

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26344

:welcome2:
Throttle body is a nice easy one to start with. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26345

I was hoping so! I've not carried out my own car maintenance since my Triumph Spitfire nearly 20 years ago!

The first thing to learn is the joys of finding out where the engine is!!!! I've seen your "How To" in this area and it looks very useful. Thanks!

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26378

Welcome! You weren't on the M11 last eve were you stopped at a BP?

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26379

Nope. Not me. I avoid the M11 as much as possible along with the A14!

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26382

No probs - just I was parked up having a coffee with colleague in Meg, and another Nightfire F pulled up at a pump....

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26384

Now i have an F its amazing how many other F/TFs I see! All colours and ages and usually with a friendly wave on passing!

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26392

Sheila saw a nice red Tf in our local petrol station and struck up a conversation with the driver, intending to give him a TBAR card.
BIG mistake!:lol:
She then had to suffer 10 minutes of whining about how crap his car was.:rofl:

I saw an xpg Tf pulling out of a junction in Carlisle today, and gave a cheery wave. Total bemusement on driver's face! :yesnod:
Ah well, we try! :woohoo:
David
:shrug:

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26402

Tim here in sunny (not) St Ives. The Cambridgeshire version. Followed your forum and thought i'd say hello!
Bought a nightfire red 1999 MGF VVC about a month ago. Decent condition for just over 100 000 miles. Just found a cheap, new 52 mm throttle body off ebay which i can't wait to (attempt to) fit! Luckily neighbour is a mechanic if I get stuck! Will post a pic of car once website is back with more space!

A BIG WELCOME TO THE T BAR ~ you are in good hands here, a lot of good sound advice and some banter too. if you get stuck with anything, just ask :-? Throttle body is a good start, then there is no stopping.

Dont forget to reset the stepper motor after fitting TB. :omg: Good luck :thumbsup:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26458

Pics of the MG at last!

Attachments:

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26466

Very nice indeed :yesnod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight

• Page: