Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26468

Very nice!
Did you fit the mk2 centre console or did it come like that?
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26470

It came that way. Didn't realise it wasn't original until after, but i like it! Oil gauge reads very low though which i think is something to do with it...
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26475

It came that way. Didn't realise it wasn't original until after, but i like it! Oil gauge reads very low though which i think is something to do with it...

You know it's oil temperature, not pressure though, yeah?
David

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26477

Yes, but 65 deg is VERY low! The gauge does slowly move, just not far. Water sits perfectly just under halfway though. :yesnod:

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26478

Howdy and welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26485

Yes, but 65 deg is VERY low! The gauge does slowly move, just not far. Water sits perfectly just under halfway though. :yesnod:

The gauges vary greatly in how they read.
Ours has to have a damn good thrashing to get above 100. In town between 60 and 80ish.
David

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26710

Plucked up the courage while the weather was reasonably dry to fit the 52mm throttle body. Followed online help and it was really easy! An hour and a half for someone who hasn't worked on a car for 15 years, so nobody else need worry about trying it! So far cured the idle rev issue ie: revving too high, and it drives beautifully! Definitely feels much more willing to rev. Old one was black plastic version. Easy, and highly recommended.
:woohoo:
Tim

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26711

Plucked up the courage while the weather was reasonably dry to fit the 52mm throttle body. Followed online help and it was really easy! An hour and a half for someone who hasn't worked on a car for 15 years, so nobody else need worry about trying it! So far cured the idle rev issue ie: revving too high, and it drives beautifully! Definitely feels much more willing to rev. Old one was black plastic version. Easy, and highly recommended.
:woohoo:
Tim

:thumbsup: That's one down. :yesnod: How many to go?:shrug:
David

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26712

Hehe. Good question! Depends on monetary considerations after holiday... I'd like to get the sills looked at (rust), but thats the expensive bit! Quote was about 800 including clean and waxoyl underneath. Alloy refurb another 200. New seats, k&n filter... The list is endless. Unfortunately the budget isn't! :unsure:

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26717

Hehe. Good question! Depends on monetary considerations after holiday... I'd like to get the sills looked at (rust), but thats the expensive bit! Quote was about 800 including clean and waxoyl underneath. Alloy refurb another 200. New seats, k&n filter... The list is endless. Unfortunately the budget isn't! :unsure:

:woohoo: Now you have caught the BUG, once started there is no end!!!! :nonod: You do know that MG stands for "Money Grabber" :thumbsup: :omg: Well done on throttle body job :thumbsup:

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26718

Hehe. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: Introduction 12 years 9 months ago #26719

Hi Tim, welcome. Tidy little car you have there mate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT