Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15505

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi all.
I bought an MGF about a week ago, and haven't really had time to play with it yet. Its a 2000 in what I think is Nightfire red. I haven't had chance to check the paint code as up until yesterday the bonnet wouldn't open. I'll have a look tomorrow.
Tomorrow its going to get new tyres. I should have realised my hand would be in my pocket more than out of it as I already have a Midget that I started working on over 10 years ago and have never finished.
Oh well, got to love that octagonal badge though.
I've already been called a hypocrite by my son, as up until now I've always said regarding the F "its not a real MG, it wasn't built at Abingdon" . I went to school at Abingdon, and ogled the Midges and B's over the school fence.
Sorry Rambling.
Anyway as I said , Hi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15506

:welcome:

Hope you enjoy the MGF, they become very addictive when you start driving them:lol:

What tyres do you plan on buying? the F and TF can be very fussy about tyres, Toyos are well recommended.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15507

HI, :welcome2:

Ramble as much as you like!:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15508

Welcome to the T Bar, you are going to enjoy it here and ramble on as much as you like, everyone is listening and will give you some superb advice.
A word of warning about tyres on the F, the original suspension was designed to run on Goodyear Eagle NCT tyres ONLY, dont just buy the ones at the best price as you will regret it. the sizes are different on the front and back and are usually a different price too. if you cant get the correct Goodyear ones, Toyo's come highly reccomended. There is a chart on this site of the reccomended tyres for these cars. if the fronts are worn on the insides the suspension could need pumping up and the four wheel tracking (yes the Fs need the back wheels tracked at the same time as the fronts. You know that the bonnet release is located in the boot, if it still wont open try getting someone to push down (gently) on the centre front of the bonnett while you pull the lever. We would all love to hear everything about your F and post a picture or two. I have an 1996 MGF and an ABINGDON built MGB GT:yesnod:

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15510

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi and welcome,
I've had my TF for all of two and half weeks and can't still can't stop grinning but unlike you this is my first MG.

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15517

Welcome to the T-Bar - glad you got one in the BEST COLOUR there is!!! (oops opened that can of worms again HeHe)

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15523

I tend to agree about Nightfire Red, but everyone has their own opinion. i had no choice with mine, it just came along,could not refuse it because of its good history, but it is British Racing Green (HAM) which i think is also a lovely colour.

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15527

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I must admit that I was looking for a Silver one but this was the best of the bunch locally. Oh well you know what they say." Mines faster cos mines a red one." I'm going to give it a run down to London at the weekend So that should give me a chance to get to know it a bit better, not sure how the dog is going to react to sitting up front. She usually has her bed on the back seat.

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15528

I must admit that I was looking for a Silver one but this was the best of the bunch locally. Oh well you know what they say." Mines faster cos mines a red one." I'm going to give it a run down to London at the weekend So that should give me a chance to get to know it a bit better, not sure how the dog is going to react to sitting up front. She usually has her bed on the back seat.

Just a quick warning about dogs in the car. With the hood down you may get covered in slobber!
I did on Saturday's run.:lol:
David

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15534

What tyres did you get ??? A windstop will help to stop the dog slobber being sucked out!!

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15542

A windstop will help to stop the dog slobber being sucked out!!

Yeah, it stops it been sucked out of the car! And helps it being sprayed over the cabin!:lol:
David

Hi 13 years 8 months ago #15552

Welcome to The T Bar!

:welcome:

Feel free to ramble on, you'll find we're a friendly bunch on here and love a good chin wag! :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT