Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello from St Albans 13 years 9 months ago #14557

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
After driving saloons for 25 years as a means of getting from A to B finally bought a car to enjoy a week ago, amazingly WITH the wife's approval.

So last week we bought a 1997 Red MGF 1.8i

Before last week I had never touched the workings of a car apart from fluid checks and changing bulbs so I am on a steep learning curve.

So far -I have fixed the wobbly rear view mirrior and a loose gear stick gaitor, replaced a faulty window switch and installed the HRW switch and relay.

Today I am picking up a hard top - so we can use the car all year round.

I am sure you will be seeing plenty of stupid questions from me in the next few weeks ;)

Anyway, gotta go as we have to go and pick up our hard top :)

Larry and Adrienne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello from St Albans 13 years 9 months ago #14558

Welcome on board the friendliest MG forum around! Glad to see you are already getting your hands dirty and getting the niggly little bits done. Pop some pics up in to your 'garage' and let us all have a look at your new pride and joy!

Hello from St Albans 13 years 9 months ago #14559

:welcome2:
I hope you enjoy your car! I run our car all year around without a hardtop. I've got nowhere to store one!
If you make one of your first jobs, fitting a low coolant alarm :yesnod:, you'll save a lot of grief.
David
:shrug:

Hello from St Albans 13 years 9 months ago #14560

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
Welcome to the T bar.

no question is stupid if you dont know the answer :)

there is a section of guides and how to's to fill your knowledge reservoir to the brim, or you can just ask away.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT