Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello From France!! 14 years 3 months ago #10010

Hello everyone,

My name is Marc, and my "Better Half", Nathalie, we live in Niort, France.

I was born in Dundee, Scotland, but spent most of my youth, tagging along whilst my parents travelled to Africa (Sudan, Nigera), then England (Pontefract, Wetehrby, Harrogate, then N.Ireland. As my Mother is of French origin, we spent most of our holidays in our summer house in France. 25 years ago I decided to move to France, and after teaching English, and working as a "Bouncer" in a nightclub, found that my artist side was getting the better of my. I have been doing digital art ever since.

I met Nathalie 13 years ago, and she is still putting up with me, so I'm not complaining!

Last summer we decided it was time to get rid of our ageing Renault 19, and buy a real car.

So of we went looking for a MG two seater softop, we found, and fell in love with "MEG".
She is an MG TF (Nov 2004), X-Power Grey, and has only 32 000 Kms,
(20 000 Miles).

We spent the summer driving around the Dourdogne, and Perigord region, which we both know well, and had such a great time, that I got sunburnt.
I must add that it was 40 °C in the shade all summer, and that I just couldn't stop driving with the top down.
Ohh well, next summer I'll be driving upside down, to get the bottom half done:yesnod:.

I have added a few pictures in the "My Garage" area, if you want to take a look, and will let you all have a laugh at me, all sunburnt. (I'm the tall, longer-haired, sunburnt red one, on the left)!!

I look forward too sharing with you all on the forum, and wish you all well.

Best Regards,

Marc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello From France!! 14 years 3 months ago #10012

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Welcome aboard.

The only rule that we have to apply to people from foreign lands is you are not allowed to talk about hot weather when we are shivering. :yesnod:

Hello From France!! 14 years 3 months ago #10013

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
Welcome to the T-Bar Marc

Hello From France!! 14 years 3 months ago #10014

Hello everyone,

My name is Marc, and my "Better Half", Nathalie, we live in Niort, France.

I was born in Dundee, Scotland, but spent most of my youth, tagging along whilst my parents travelled to Africa (Sudan, Nigera), then England (Pontefract, Wetehrby, Harrogate, then N.Ireland. As my Mother is of French origin, we spent most of our holidays in our summer house in France. 25 years ago I decided to move to France, and after teaching English, and working as a "Bouncer" in a nightclub, found that my artist side was getting the better of my. I have been doing digital art ever since.

I met Nathalie 13 years ago, and she is still putting up with me, so I'm not complaining!

Last summer we decided it was time to get rid of our ageing Renault 19, and buy a real car.

So of we went looking for a MG two seater softop, we found, and fell in love with "MEG".
She is an MG TF (Nov 2004), X-Power Grey, and has only 32 000 Kms,
(20 000 Miles).

We spent the summer driving around the Dourdogne, and Perigord region, which we both know well, and had such a great time, that I got sunburnt.
I must add that it was 40 °C in the shade all summer, and that I just couldn't stop driving with the top down.
Ohh well, next summer I'll be driving upside down, to get the bottom half done:yesnod:.

I have added a few pictures in the "My Garage" area, if you want to take a look, and will let you all have a laugh at me, all sunburnt. (I'm the tall, longer-haired, sunburnt red one, on the left)!!

I look forward too sharing with you all on the forum, and wish you all well.

Best Regards,

Marc.

:welcome2: Marc.

Nice car; nice sunburn.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Hello From France!! 14 years 2 months ago #10019

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Bienvenue sur le forum:grouphug: Nice looking car there Marc and nice part of the World.:bye:

Hello From France!! 14 years 2 months ago #10023

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
Welcome to the bar.

havent checked out the pics yet but that is my next move :)

you just have to organise a meet in your area so we can go "international" :)

great first post by the way :yesnod:

Hello From France!! 14 years 2 months ago #10043

A big welcome :welcome:

Hello From France!! 14 years 2 months ago #10118

Just like to say a big :thanks: to all who have welcomed me.

Clive : Sorry for mentioning the hot summer, and rubbing it 'in the flesh":whistle: (refering to sunburn photo)!!

This winter for the first time in about 10 years, we were blocked in by snow and ice. It took the local council 5 days, to get some salt on our hill up to the house.:dunno:
At least "Meg" was warm and dry in the garage.

Best Regards,

Marc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello From France!! 14 years 2 months ago #10171

Welcome to the bar.

havent checked out the pics yet but that is my next move :)

you just have to organise a meet in your area so we can go "international" :)

great first post by the way :yesnod:

trust you gos, the poor guys just joined and your allready planning on using his garage as a summer get away :p

seriously welcome mate :D good to see some more international members

oh and you should ignor Gos :dc: but obiously us X-Power Gray owners have to stick together... so BBQ at yours in june :p

will you be popping over to MG-Fest or MG-Live this year?
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Hello From France!! 14 years 2 months ago #10185

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

trust you gos, the poor guys just joined and your allready planning on using his garage as a summer get away :p

seriously welcome mate :D good to see some more international members

oh and you should ignor Gos :dc: but obiously us X-Power Gray owners have to stick together... so BBQ at yours in june :p

will you be popping over to MG-Fest or MG-Live this year?

Hands off Adam, I saw him first :lollol:

Hello From France!! 14 years 2 months ago #10211

Hi Marc and welcome:)

I live about 25 miles south of Dundee - probably just a distant memory to you now.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Hello From France!! 14 years 2 months ago #10278

Welcome to The-T-Bar.... my car is called Meg too!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT