Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #56860

I was just showing the wife the pics of the area. Very scenic. That inn has been there since 1496, just 4 years after Christopher Columbus discovered the new world, Jamaica, the bahamas etc. Amazing, when you think of it in that context.

It looks like the Canadians beat him to Cumbria though. Good job, otherwise we'd all be speaking Spanish and celebrating our 4-0 win over Italy right now. :lol:

Canadian Mounties, Kirkstone Pass Inn. Cumberland. Whitsuntide 1930. Do you think that the guy on the bike could be Rich, 'when not' in Vancouver? :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #56862

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Nice find, Leigh!
David
:shrug:

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #56882

Put me down for Saturday please David .I think Mrs.Bob will be coming too.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #56886

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Stunning weather ordered!

I was quite stunned last time. ;)

Will we see Father Christmas again?

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #56889

• Visitor
  • Visitor
David have you got a reserve list :-?

Rob has a call back on Tuesday, and if he gets it he will be away Thursday night and not back till Friday, so although I was bringing Louis there is no-one to look after Sara, as Tony (my neigbour) is away Go Karting as well .. :(

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #57326

Kirkstone Pass Inn is dog friendly, they are looking forward to meeting me and Preeti, not so sure about the rest of you though :P , David have you warned them we are coming? :broon:

Last edit: Post by pendle lass.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #57335

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
List updated, at the moment we have 9 cars for Friday. So could squeeze a couple more in.
The run, or another quite similar run, will be on for the next day, Saturday.
If interested, please let me know - any takers. I have 2 so far for Saturday.

No Santa, and yes Tracy. I have delegated my executive assistant to book the pub for 12:30 ish.
Check out the menu here.

Soup and/or sandwiches can be ordered on the day. if you want anything more let me know by this weekend and we'll pre-order it.
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #57337

• Visitor
  • Visitor
David Rob has just called me, he has got the job, which is great but that's me out :(
Really fed up as was sooo looking forward to it, but his career has to come first ...

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #57339

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
OK Jan, no probs. There's always September.

For anyone thinking of stopping over for the Saturday run, we have 1 double bedroom available - you'd be most welcome - as long as you like dogs
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #57717

Stunning weather ordered!

Hopefully it won't steal 'all' of the glorious views to be had up that way. Oh well, they've been known to be wrong about it before. So, fingers crossed. :)

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #57735

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
:omg: That forecast makes for depressing reading, the first day without rain is 25th July :nonod:

Still the weather in the Lake district is very changeable at the best of times and can vary greatly within just a mile or two.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #57737

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Just keep telling yourself that, Paul.:yesnod:

I think I won't plan the route - just drive to the blue sky bits!:rofl:
David

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT