Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49253

Thanks for putting togethere a run for us David. Judy and I are looking forward to meeting you and others and the drive through the Cumbria countryside.
Mark
95 MGF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49263

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I've got some castles and stone circles and maybe a cruise up Ullswater, included.
David
:shrug:

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49273

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop
Please add me David *sniff*

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49274

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
sorry hari,
Missed your post. Added now!
David

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49275

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Travel up together ?
I was thinking of going up on the Thursday and stopping at the travel lodge over night, depends on the length of the run on Friday :-?
I can't stop over on the Friday night as Rob has work, and I have to get back for Sara, so that's my only option other than doing it all in one day :dry:

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49281

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

sorry hari,
Missed your post. Added now!

Thank you :)

Travel up together ?
I was thinking of going up on the Thursday and stopping at the travel lodge over night, depends on the length of the run on Friday :-?
I can't stop over on the Friday night as Rob has work, and I have to get back for Sara, so that's my only option other than doing it all in one day :dry:

Definitely convoy :yesnod: Not sure if I will be driving from Brighton or Stratford yet, but either way will go through Strat...

Didn't think of getting a hotel, but that's quite a good idea. Can get a room for £25.50 at the Upper Brook Street Travelodge http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/523/Manchester-Upper-Brook-Street-hotel/rooms-rates (there are 5 Travelodge's in Manchester! Even more Holiday Inn's! Although Travelodge are marginally cheaper)

-=Visit my Website!=-

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49282

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I was thinking of the Travel Lodge David has arranged for everyone to meet at lol

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49285

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

I was thinking of the Travel Lodge David has arranged for everyone to meet at lol

Sorry I was being stupid and thinking of MGFnTFBitz run :-?

Penrith Travelodge is £50/night, but that still ain't too bad... http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/218/Penrith-hotel
Its 350 miles from Brighton! Google says it would take me about 6 hours!

-=Visit my Website!=-

Last edit: Post by tui.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49286

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David

Yeah, still 100 miles further north :drive: to go from Manchester. :yesnod:
David

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49289

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Sorry I was being stupid and thinking of MGFnTFBitz run :-?

Penrith Travelodge is £50/night, but that still ain't too bad... http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/218/Penrith-hotel
Its 350 miles from Brighton! Google says it would take me about 6 hours!

197 mi, 3 hours 22 mins
In current traffic: 3 hours 29 mins
M6

For me :yesnod:
But the Lake District is on my to do list for this year, so it sort of fits in nicely, plus I get to meet forum members who I would not normally B)
Hari you are better off getting to Stratford, you can always stop here the night if Mother has filled your room ;)
That way we could leave on the Thursday, take our time, get to the travel lodge, sleep and be ready for the run ..
The last time I drove 500+ miles in one day was the Snowdon run, we left at 5am and got home at 11.30pm, plenty of food stops, and it was well worth the effort..
I slept for 24 hours when I got back though :whistle:

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49290

• tui
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Penelope Pitstop

197 mi, 3 hours 22 mins
In current traffic: 3 hours 29 mins
M6

For me :yesnod:
But the Lake District is on my to do list for this year, so it sort of fits in nicely, plus I get to meet forum members who I would not normally B)
Hari you are better off getting to Stratford, you can always stop here the night if Mother has filled your room ;)
That way we could leave on the Thursday, take our time, get to the travel lodge, sleep and be ready for the run ..
The last time I drove 500+ miles in one day was the Snowdon run, we left at 5am and got home at 11.30pm, plenty of food stops, and it was well worth the effort..
I slept for 24 hours when I got back though :whistle:

Yes definitely sensible to go to Stratford first... Snowdon run sounds like LOADS of fun! But equally very tiring!

I went to the Lake District last July with Dad - I wonder if he might be up for coming too - I shall ask him.

There are a few nice-looking B&B's dotted around Penrith too which are cheaper.

-=Visit my Website!=-
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 11 months ago #49348

Wow, what a list of people who are planning to attend, that's simply amazing. David must put on a great run to be able to get so many people out. :woohoo:

What a beautiful picture Tui. I can't wait to see scenery like that. My wife and I are from the Canadian Maritime Provinces, where there are hills and valleys and the ocean close by. Here where we live now you can watch your dog run away for three days and the roads are as straight as an arrow. Twisty roads in an MG (hopefully) will be a real treat!
Mark
95 MGF

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT