Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 10 months ago #54509

I'm still planning on coming, Fingers crossed my wife will also have the day off. I'm not sure about an evening meal, I don't think my wife(Amanda) could stand a full day of mg talk. She'll be happy if we get a sunny day and some good tunes going. Fingers crossed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 10 months ago #54510

Me and me Julie is coming. :)

Food = Not too fussy. No northern fare though please ie; stuffed hearts, sheeps eyeballs, haggis, chitlings, tripe, lard, tentacles or testicles, faggots, black pudding, beef dripping, sweet breads etc. :sick:

Just good wholesome British food like curry or chinese or pretty much anything is fine though. :P

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 10 months ago #54518

If you're lucky you might see the haggis, They hide up in the hills you know.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 10 months ago #54535

They're a bit further north I think. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Metcalfe

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 10 months ago #54549

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Ok, Indian then?

(quickly cancels order for 6kg of tripe...) :rofl:
David
:shrug:

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 10 months ago #54551

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Leigh are you traveling up on the day ?
It's a long way to drive on my own :(

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 10 months ago #54553

Leigh, The haggis are well known to cross the border, it's something to do with the breeding season. They like to lay haggis eggs on english soil. Strange but true, Honest.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #56821

Hi all, me and the wife 'Julie' are doing the run, eating lunch (assuming you're stopping for it somewhere) and bailing south to Barrow in Furness at the end of the days sightseeing activities. Please don't book us in for any evening meal folks.

Plan B - Moved to a village hotel near Penrith now. So, we're happy to stay for the meal etc. :woohoo:

Where's lunch @ please?

Leigh are you traveling up on the day ?

No Jan, we booked a night at the travel lodge meeting point. But we may not arrive there until 2300 or so.

PS. Julie says she loves lard. But I'm 'Jack Sprat' ok.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #56844

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
Still looking forward to this one!
Not 100% whether we'll be able to make it for the meal afterwards, but we should be ok for it :P

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #56848

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
OK, the lunch is planned for the Kirkstone Inn atop the similarly named pass. :P 12:30 ish.

For those that suffered enjoyed the rather wet :P lakes run last year, it's the Inn where we stopped for hot chocolate, and couldn't see the inn from its own car park! :bust:
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #56857

OK, the lunch is planned for the Kirkstone Inn atop the similarly named pass. :P 12:30 ish.

For those that suffered enjoyed the rather wet :P lakes run last year, it's the Inn where we stopped for hot chocolate, and couldn't see the inn from its own car park! :bust:

hope its not as foggy lol

Re: Border Patrol Lucky Canadian Lakes Run Friday 13/7 11 years 9 months ago #56858

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Stunning weather ordered!
David

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT