Sign In   Register

Topic

GSD Pup. 9 years 7 months ago #150060

10kg ?
[IMG]ht[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

GSD Pup. 9 years 7 months ago #150065

10kg ?

Gawd knows mate. I'm reading 10 to 25% of the dogs total weight. Already, it's 12% with 4kg. I even read one site saying up to a third of the dogs weight. Maybe they think he's pulling a sledge. :lol:

I'll leave it at 4kg or so on the trail I reckon. In fact 4kg was just a tester and he was fine with it. I'll drop it back down to being empty for a few more months while he's still growing.

Jet seems to be keen to put it on when we go for a walk and it's like he's 'eager to work'. I might ask the vet if he can give me a blood transfusion with him. :lol:

GSD Pup. 9 years 7 months ago #150091

We used to use packhorses a lot. With the horses its very important to get the heavy items low and to have the weight each side well balanced , with light items on top.

[IMG]ht[/img]
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

GSD Pup. 9 years 7 months ago #150102

Wow, is that John Wayne at the back? :P
David
:shrug:

GSD Pup. 9 years 7 months ago #150659

GSD Pup. 9 years 6 months ago #151844

10 months old today. 3 months in the first pic.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

GSD Pup. 9 years 6 months ago #151900

Verdammt schwimaholic hund! :lol:

GSD Pup. 9 years 6 months ago #151901

Appreciate your advice on harnesses Leigh.I am not up for it i have billy relatively under control except he goes crazy about cats.
Billy is my 3rd Sheperd,the strongest, i am not iron man but physically fit and average strength.
When Billy sees a cat thats it i really struggle just about stop him from dragging me down someones driveway but in the winter i am concerned even more in the frost i will be skating.
My wife and kids spoli him but just this monday night my wife announced she will have to stop walking him temporarily as she cannot contain his strength when he sees a cat.

We have and have had setters for many years...we have found that using a slip chain is more effective than a harness and as for cats then a quick squirt at the side of the head with a WATER FILLED lemon squeezer and a firm but not shouty NO!..a nano second before they make a move on a cat works fine...doesn't normally take more than a few squirts to stop them trying to massacre a cat..and it's reasonably gentle....can't be doing with dogs that pull..they need to know what you expect of them... :yesnod:
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, GT MG SPARES LTD

GSD Pup. 9 years 6 months ago #151902

I prefer to use the slip chain even when the harness is being worn, unless he's carrying my lunch, then I use the doggy backpack with a longer lead so that the contents of the saddlebag doesn't bounce off my leg. I find the harness and the backpack are handy at night or in inclement weather when you have a black dog that's not so easy to see. Especially when walking near traffic. They both reflect light pretty well. I also have a small LED light clipped on them sometimes so that I can see him myself. Although, having your own light source also helps. :yesnod:

Attachments:

GSD Pup. 9 years 6 months ago #151904

Ours have LED collars of different colours..can be a bit spooky on dark and misty mornings to see disembodied lights floating over the fields...
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

GSD Pup. 9 years 5 months ago #153204

Ours have LED collars of different colours..can be a bit spooky on dark and misty mornings to see disembodied lights floating over the fields...

Cheers FBG. I liked that idea a lot. :broon:

GSD Pup. 9 years 5 months ago #153205

UFO!

We use these...

- Frank Zappa
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT