Sign In   Register

Topic

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #1982

OMG ANOTHER BEARDY OWNER!!!!! :woo::woo::bounce::bounce::woohoo::woohoo:

Aww I love the name "Ian" so cute! He's a very gorgeous boy! How old is he? Around 4 years? Wow what a stunner! I bet my girls would love him! How long have you had him? Tell me everything! What does he eat, what does he enjoy - EVERYTHING!!!

Blood red beardy's are morphs but you're boy doesn't look like he's got enough red in him, could be wrong though - definitely need more pics! Lots more pics!!!!

Aww an MGF and a Beardy owner - you've got SERIOUSLY good taste! :respect:

I'll shut up now before I start looking like a total nutter. :crazy:

Don't you find those stones he's sitting on are a bit sharp and could cut the soft underside of his belly? We use woodchip. Ooh I'm a member of this site: www.beardeddragon.org - they're brilliant are you a member?

Ok shut up now Kara...

:woo:

LOL- you dont like Beardies much then??
Right, He is approx 19" long. Im not sure how old he is as my sister, the veterinary nurse, had him dumped at the vets, she decided to keep him herself but that only lasted a week as one day she came home from work to find her cats had knocked over the container of Hoppers which freaked her out, thats when I ended up with him. He was fully grown when I got him & I have had him 6 years. so he could be about 8! The photo was taken about 2 years ago. It was posed, on a sunny day in the garden, he doesnt have anything sharp like that in his Vivarium. Its very rare he puffs up like that, hes so chilled, in fact he doesnt do moving at all really untill he sees a big juicy Hopper or half a grape, they are his favorites.
He is happy to sit on my knee when im on the pc or in the sunshine in the conservatory when its sunny.
I didnt know there were that many variations till I looked on the site that Teri sent me. I have no idea what he is. He looks a bit of a mess at the moment though as he is shedding his skin...........That reminds me, He likes a bath, I think I will put him in tomorrow as his light is due to go off soon.

What do you feed yours on?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #1983

Well guys here is William, He's almost 2, Carole had had a Westie before, and he is my first dog.
Older but certainly not wiser!

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #1984

Oh & this is Milly my Bedlington Terrier

Merlin (Ginger / White) & Breezer doing what they do best - Loving each other :shake:

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #1991

• Visitor
  • Visitor

until a dedicated section is set up...heres my fish

and one of my cats...(no mr.bond i expect you to die!)

How in the blue blazes do you vacuum under that Aquacoffeetablerium?

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #2010

LOL- you dont like Beardies much then??
Right, He is approx 19" long. Im not sure how old he is as my sister, the veterinary nurse, had him dumped at the vets, she decided to keep him herself but that only lasted a week as one day she came home from work to find her cats had knocked over the container of Hoppers which freaked her out, thats when I ended up with him. He was fully grown when I got him & I have had him 6 years. so he could be about 8! The photo was taken about 2 years ago. It was posed, on a sunny day in the garden, he doesnt have anything sharp like that in his Vivarium. Its very rare he puffs up like that, hes so chilled, in fact he doesnt do moving at all really untill he sees a big juicy Hopper or half a grape, they are his favorites.
He is happy to sit on my knee when im on the pc or in the sunshine in the conservatory when its sunny.
I didnt know there were that many variations till I looked on the site that Teri sent me. I have no idea what he is. He looks a bit of a mess at the moment though as he is shedding his skin...........That reminds me, He likes a bath, I think I will put him in tomorrow as his light is due to go off soon.

What do you feed yours on?

Woohoo so much info! Thank you! :woohoo:

Both our girls love bath time! We bathe them 3 times a week & they love swimming around (& pooing) in the bath! :lol:

Sounds like you've got a really well looked after, well behaved beardy! :)

Our girls are what's known as fussy eaters! Too lazy to catch crickets except in breeding season so rest of the year it's morio worms, standard meal worms, Florette's Crispy Salad pack, Plums Baby Organic Squash & Sweet Potato - that's pretty much it. They'll nibble on some fruits e.g. grapes, apples, mango & occasionally they have Organic plain pro-biotic yogurt for a treat but generally they're fussy girls!

Our girls have already shed this year but that's because they've finished laying. They love sitting on the windowsill in the sun or on the laptop because it's warm! Blinky loves falling asleep on my shoulder in an evening as you can see here:

I bet they'd love a conservatory! Must be perfect for Ian! Lucky fella! We take our girls out on the balcony in summer & they enjoy that but it's far too cold in winter. :frown:

What winter routine have you got? I'm doing lights on at 8am & off at 8pm at the mo but thinking of making it half an hour earlier.

Ooh it's so nice talking Beardies! :cloud9:

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #2023

Woohoo so much info! Thank you! :woohoo:

Both our girls love bath time! We bathe them 3 times a week & they love swimming around (& pooing) in the bath! :lol:

Sounds like you've got a really well looked after, well behaved beardy! :)

Our girls are what's known as fussy eaters! Too lazy to catch crickets except in breeding season so rest of the year it's morio worms, standard meal worms, Florette's Crispy Salad pack, Plums Baby Organic Squash & Sweet Potato - that's pretty much it. They'll nibble on some fruits e.g. grapes, apples, mango & occasionally they have Organic plain pro-biotic yogurt for a treat but generally they're fussy girls!

Our girls have already shed this year but that's because they've finished laying. They love sitting on the windowsill in the sun or on the laptop because it's warm! Blinky loves falling asleep on my shoulder in an evening as you can see here:

I bet they'd love a conservatory! Must be perfect for Ian! Lucky fella! We take our girls out on the balcony in summer & they enjoy that but it's far too cold in winter. :frown:

What winter routine have you got? I'm doing lights on at 8am & off at 8pm at the mo but thinking of making it half an hour earlier.

Ooh it's so nice talking Beardies! :cloud9:

Your beardies look stunning, lovely markings!

I keep it the same all year, dunno if thats right or wrong but he seems quite happy. His viv is in a warm bright room anyway so he gets lots of natural light but his light comes on around 9am & goes off around 8:30pm.

He also has the odd critter from the garden, small worms & wood lice but this is rare. (I never use any chemicals at all in the garden as I have loads of frogs & dont want anything nasty transferring to my ponds) He does love mealworms too, but wont touch anything that doesnt move. I put half grapes on a cocktail stick & twizzle it a bit, he seems happy when he has hunted & captured these vicious grapes!

I didnt mention the pooing in the bath but seeing as you brought it up, yep he does that too!

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #2024

Your beardies look stunning, lovely markings!

I keep it the same all year, dunno if thats right or wrong but he seems quite happy. His viv is in a warm bright room anyway so he gets lots of natural light but his light comes on around 9am & goes off around 8:30pm.

He also has the odd critter from the garden, small worms & wood lice but this is rare. (I never use any chemicals at all in the garden as I have loads of frogs & dont want anything nasty transferring to my ponds) He does love mealworms too, but wont touch anything that doesnt move. I put half grapes on a cocktail stick & twizzle it a bit, he seems happy when he has hunted & captured these vicious grapes!

I didnt mention the pooing in the bath but seeing as you brought it up, yep he does that too!

Awww that's so cute! Our girls have had the occasional earth worm but don't think they've had wood lice. Apparently dandelion leaves are very tasty for them and can be part of their staple diet so have you tried those? :)

A lot of beardy owners adjust times in winter to accomodate for the darker evenings but it's not essential.

I like the idea of the coctail stick - might have to try that myself! Have you tried dripping a syringe with babyfood onto Ian's nose end? My girls love that!

Just found some more pics:

Cheeky after her babyfood -

Cheeky helping me study for my final year exams -

The girls warming themselves on our laptops -

Blinky after laying 36 eggs - she's soooo skinny!

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #2030

• gos's Avatar Topic Author
  • gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
Well, I am impressed at the collection of wonderful pets and I have learned soooo much, especially about "beardies" keep it coming folks.

Oh and CJJ that cat is scary mate, I would be proud to own such an animal.

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #2173

Right this has been a little quiet, so I thought I would post up about the newest arrival at the madhouse.. Excuse the lack of pictures as yet I dont have any..

I had a phone call a week on wednesday asking if I knew of anyone who could go to Liverpool to pick up an african grey parrot. At the time I had just let a baby rescued bird go back to his owner, so had an empty cage.. So me being me, a total softy where the birds are concerned said, yeah I will go and fetch him. Whats the story? I was told that the owners wife was very poorly and had been taken into hospital and diagnosed with that COPD thing, effects her breathing and that Toby had to be out of the house before they would let her come home.
So same day I made the trip to Haydock to pic him up. He wasnt very well looked after for the first two years of his life and then this lovely couple took him. He was so well loved by them and I really do feel for them. The owners wife rang me last night to see how he was doing, the poor lady (I wont name them) was in tears saying that she missed him, but she had to let him go, it was a real case of the bird would have killed her in the end.. I really did feel so so sorry for her, but said that he would be well cared for, and that she could ring me anytime she wanted an update or just a chat about him :)
Toby is a star, although he doesnt like to be handled, but at 8 there is a good chance that I can win him round..

So there you go folks, that is Toby's story :)
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #2175

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

Right this has been a little quiet, so I thought I would post up about the newest arrival at the madhouse.. Excuse the lack of pictures as yet I dont have any..

I had a phone call a week on wednesday asking if I knew of anyone who could go to Liverpool to pick up an african grey parrot. At the time I had just let a baby rescued bird go back to his owner, so had an empty cage.. So me being me, a total softy where the birds are concerned said, yeah I will go and fetch him. Whats the story? I was told that the owners wife was very poorly and had been taken into hospital and diagnosed with that COPD thing, effects her breathing and that Toby had to be out of the house before they would let her come home.
So same day I made the trip to Haydock to pic him up. He wasnt very well looked after for the first two years of his life and then this lovely couple took him. He was so well loved by them and I really do feel for them. The owners wife rang me last night to see how he was doing, the poor lady (I wont name them) was in tears saying that she missed him, but she had to let him go, it was a real case of the bird would have killed her in the end.. I really did feel so so sorry for her, but said that he would be well cared for, and that she could ring me anytime she wanted an update or just a chat about him :)
Toby is a star, although he doesnt like to be handled, but at 8 there is a good chance that I can win him round..

So there you go folks, that is Toby's story :)

well done Teri you are a star, I am sure toby will be putty in your hands in no time.

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #2176

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
took our male cat Ozzy to the rescue centre today for his final vaccination, I was so embarrassed. they get 100's and 100's of cats thru the centre each week and the girls came to take Ozzy said oh errr yeah we remember him, we will get the gauntlets out lol.

they couldnt get the first jab in and sprayed it all over his back :)

he is such a cutey most of the time but if he doesnt want to do something he turns into a Tasmanian devil, all teeth and claws.

anyway thats his last trip to the centre so we can bring him out of his stress sessions hopefully. :whistle:

Pets corner! 14 years 6 months ago #2179

took our male cat Ozzy to the rescue centre today for his final vaccination, I was so embarrassed. they get 100's and 100's of cats thru the centre each week and the girls came to take Ozzy said oh errr yeah we remember him, we will get the gauntlets out lol.

they couldnt get the first jab in and sprayed it all over his back :)

he is such a cutey most of the time but if he doesnt want to do something he turns into a Tasmanian devil, all teeth and claws.

anyway thats his last trip to the centre so we can bring him out of his stress sessions hopefully. :whistle:

Lmao, I know that feeling all to well.. One of my cats Dotty has a bad reaction to flea bites and comes up in nasty lumps.. Took her to the vet for her jab and she ripped the palm of my hand to pieces... Dont they realise its for their own good? :rolleyes2:
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT