Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72741

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Ah wondered when you'd pipe up now you're safely back behind a keyboard.

I'm guessing you never read my original comments, or you'd at least dignify yourself by quoting them correctly. I branded certain people as ".org rejects" - that's nothing to do with me, and you should know this more than most.

Don't request that sniping and sanctimoniuos comments are ended, then follow this up with sniping and sanctimony, it's pure hypocrisy, and directs this thread even further from where it should be. Deal with any problems you have with me personally, or not at all. It's what PMs and meets were made for.

Back on topic, superfriends.

Oh dear do grow up and go away ..

I promised to behave yesterday on the run and ignore you, which I did ..

Enough said ..

This is a happy forum where everyone gets a long, so adhere to that policy or jog on ..
Last edit: Post by .
The topic has been locked.

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72744

Oh dear do grow up and go away ..

I promised to behave yesterday on the run and ignore you, which I did ..

Enough said ..

This is a happy forum where everyone gets a long, so adhere to that policy or jog on ..

I take instruction from less important people than you missy.

David, for example ;)
Last edit: Post by Proudfoot.

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72746

Yes. Time out folks. No more agitation please. Doesn't matter whether you like it or not. We're not 'the place'. I don't like to have to work for a living if I can help it. :)

Back to my question please. Any thoughts?

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72748

A new topic on the subject, perhaps?

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72750

A new topic on the subject, perhaps?

:lol: You're probably right with all this chuntering spam everywhere. :lol:

Ok, I'll take it elsewhere and fathom the interest later on. It's been emotional. :)
Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72753

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Which one would that be ;)

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72754

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Oooops my mythical ban has had a domino effect I say group hug ZOLTAN

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72755

Ok, I'll take it elsewhere and fathom the interest later on. It's been emotional. :)

Win win.

Now where's Anne? She's gonna looooooooooove coming back to read this ;)

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72763

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Back on topic, superfriends.

Would anybody be strenuously opposed to a T-Bar event in the area during this holiday? If so, why please?

I think you will have to wait and see what the BP say Leigh :nofight:

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72775

I can't see any reason, in principle, why some of the holiday group couldn't co ordinate with a TBar run/get together.
We did manage to get together with the Italian Passion group successfully. Well, the ones who weren't incapacitated by car failures,drink, or indolence.:bust:
However it is too long off to start organising anything.
David
:shrug:

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72780

Win win. Now where's Anne? She's gonna looooooooooove coming back to read this ;)

It'll take me a while to catch up with all these reports going on. But we're not playing that game here Proudfoot. As long as you know that much it'll all be fine and dandy. We're not playing the game where people are fearful of posting or making suggestions for fear of reprisal. It serves us no good in the long run.

You've won my attention, if that makes you feel any better. Like I said in the Bongo post. We're not going to be that kind of place if we can help it. Here's me helping you all decide that in the best possible sense. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: , bensewell
Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72786

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Hey hey.

Time out guys.

Lets get a few things straight.

The Border Patrol is a group of friends who get together and enjoy our Fs and TFs.

We don't want to include other cars, although the rule is if you have an F/TF and for some reason the car becomes unroadworthy prior to a run/event you can use any car you want (although we may stop you if it's an MX5). This is so that someone won't miss out on a run simply because their car breaks down or they have an accident before hand.

Although there is a core of "friends" we do like others to join the group and they too become the core of friends if they are regulars, but we still class everyone as friends, if that makes sense.

We were thinking of getting in touch nearer the time with people in the area and see if they want to join us for a few runs and get togethers. It's a shame to go to new places and not meet the "natives" ;)

One thing that does upset/anoy Anne is people trying to have an input on things when she is left every year to organise it. We don't mind suggestions, but when some people start becoming a bit more forceful than suggesting it does hit a nerve. If you have ideas etc then please feel free to organise something of your own.

Anyone (within the F/TF community) can come to our events, but we need firm commitment and, as is the way with these things, some money up front. There is nothing more worrying than committing yourself to a booking of £5000+ for holidays etc just for one person or another to drop out. this is not a dig at people past or present who have had to drop out, as they understand that any money paid is non refundable, unless we can sell the place on.

We try, in all our events, to seek out the best venues that we can, to a price that suits everyone, so a lot of work goes into these things. Anne can and does get very stressed on all these events as she takes personal responsibility when things go wrong.

We are currently going through the phase of " Ah, we have 6 couples, this is the ideal place" "Ah, a 7th couple wants to come, now where do we go" "Ok we have 9 now this will suit, do we book it or will someone else want to come?". This is why we do a reserve list. If an extra couple want to come they can go on the reserve, if we have 3 extra couples then we need to start looking at somewhere bigger. This is why we ended up at 2 different locations in Italy and is something we will strive to avoid in future.

I don't know what is going on on this forum lately, but will everyone please take a chill pill.

If you want to have a good time with us then please feel free to commit yourself and join us, but please don't try and organise events around ours without our input.

We may organise something nearer the time, but it won't be at our accommodation and won't be set in stone. Too much organisation just sets us up for problems nearer the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pendle lass, mogatrons, PQD44
Last edit: Post by cjj.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT