Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72633

Just a thought. For those that can't get there for the full holiday, and as it's local to the UK this time ie; Not Italy, maybe an event could be co-ordinated to visit the 'camp' and have a trip out with them that day in Wales? Perhaps, stay overnight, have a 'barbie', get drunk etc.. That might be a good way to roll for some who can't do the whole thing. Would that be feasible Anne? Or is too early to say just yet? :)

We'd most likely back out of an event that turned into a "free for all". The holidays so far have been relaxed affairs with relatively small numbers, which is why they've been so enjoyable. Certainly would't pay good money to hire a decent villa/etc. only to put up with drunken hordes on our doorstep!
The topic has been locked.

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72635

Back out then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons, Supercover

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72639

Back out then.

That's friendly.

Some of us have already signed up to this, it's not too much to ask that we have some input.

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72640

Well said Leigh.
Its hardly in the spirit of what is supposed to be 'The Friendly Forum' if its a holiday only for people that certain people like...
I don't think much of the F/TF only rule on certain runs, so I don't make an effort to attend them.

Supercover has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Social hand grenades don't exist. ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72644

Ultimately this is Anne's gig, since she's organising it....

... having said that, I'd have thought the MG spirit was one of inclusive fun as Andy suggests......

.... and afterall didn't the Aviemore do have short visit friends, and I'm sure the Italian job involved meeting local MG enthusiasts.

This is an MGF/TF forum .... note the MG. If we cant embrace tintop drivers as fellow enthusiasts I thinks it's a pity (afterall they're just misled, and won't see the light if we're not around to convince them. :lol: )

I'd support Jack of Hearts suggestion as I feel it's the most inclusive .... but as I said, this is Annes gig. :broon:

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72645

Well said Leigh.
Its hardly in the spirit of what is supposed to be 'The Friendly Forum' if its a holiday only for people that certain people like...
I don't think much of the F/TF only rule on certain runs, so I don't make an effort to attend them.

You're missing the point. It's not about who like who. I would not pay to go on a holiday if I knew people would be turning up, drinking and expecting to stay over, even if they were my friends. That's not a holiday; that's a dosshouse.

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72646

Anne rools OK!:yesnod::lol:

The argument is moot, anyway.
Legally we can not have other people staying in the rented house. It's not our house/ apartment/villa. I'm sure the owner would have something to say about us subletting.
David
:shrug:
Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72656

Ah right, you are stopping in a house... I dont have F___book either so I missed that part.
I don't think anyone would expect to crash there JR, after all, we have heard about your wandering hands :D
I was taking from the camping over bit of Leighs post that you were camping...

:Edit to remove naughty word the swear filter misses..... Paging Mods....

Last edit: Post by Supercover.

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72660

Anne rools OK!:yesnod::lol:

The argument is moot, anyway.
Legally we can not have other people staying in the rented house. It's not our house/ apartment/villa. I'm sure the owner would have something to say about us subletting.

It's not an argument David, but I can see why some "obnoxious p****s" would think it was. ;)

Facebooks where it's at folks - it's just like a forum where you can be all superfriends, but with less moderation, and more lols.

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72673

Would you pm the word please?
David
:shrug:

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72680

can't believe that this thread is going down hill

Anne organizes more than her fair share for the border patrol which is actually an f/tf group

i bet she's read this and thought why have i bothered putting this on the t bar and probably won't bother in the future. cos i know thats what id be thinking

Re: MGF & TF Border Patrol Holiday 2013. 11 years 7 months ago #72684

So thats my invite in the bin then I take it... :D

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT