Sign In   Register

Topic

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156305

Well the 75th is good body wise but needs some restoration on the interior and of course the over heating and possible HGF issues dealt with. Plus she has been laid up for nigh on two years it's more of a recommision job:-

The radiator has lost a lot of fins so needs replacing. Not sure of the under floor pipe condition so the plan is for new S/S ones. All coolant hoses will need to be checked of course, new battery and both headlights are milky, the brake and clutch fluid be be changed too with braided hoses for the brakes front and rear.

The plan is once she its here which won't be for a couple of weeks due to transport issues ....................................... to fill the coolant up as the expansion bottle is dry............... it's boiled up I am thinking! Bleed the system and then check for leaks. Get her started and again check for leaks. There is no sign of oil contamination and the oil level is correct. Then take it from there.

Unlike some I love the Mulberry colour, shame the soft top is not coloured as well, and red is a great colour for a cars interior :woohoo: .

That horrid alloy gear knob however has gotta go .............................................................. darned quickly too. Luckily I have a couple of options on hand that are nicer on the hand and more pleasing to mine eyes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Smoggybowman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156311

I also think the colour is great - looks lovely when polished up!

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156314

Nice find,

looking forward to seeing how you go about getting it back on the road. Does this mean you have had to let one of your other cars go?

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156318

I like the colour,
I see such colours as adventurous and inspired, unlike the boring stick in the mud types who would be too afraid to choose anything other than neutral hues.
Dare to be different. :broon:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156319

I like the colour too and that interior is (or was...) very classy. The wrong Mk2 hand freezing gear knob makes a good paperweight (I'm looking at mine right now on the desk) and the Mk1 leather one is much better in every sense in my opinion. I think there are stick on 'wood' kits available too for the trim. I hope the mechanical bits are not too bad.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156334

Good find, I saw that over on the other site and was pleased an enthusiast picked her up. Good luck in restoring her to former glory! :broon:
So this is your 3rd MG now if i'm not mistaken?

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156401

Yes this acquistion means that "Blue 33" will be up for sale soon and until she sells I will indeed have 3 MGF's well actually there is the shell of the VVC project still so that's more like 3 and a bit MGF's!. There are a a few little things like the lower speedo cable that broke on the way home from the Derbyshire Peaks run and get the wheel alignment checked again after the O/S/F lower ball joint was replaced that I have to sort out. With this in mind she is going to a valeters to have her soft top cleaned and the mould built up over the winter killed and a good clean inside and out.

We shall then take her somewhere to get photos ready to offer her for sale. MOT is no problem as she in tested until 23 rd Feb 2016. I shall be sad to see her go as I have not got all I wished to do on her completed but she looks good and drives well plus I was only her second owner :omg: ..

I love the 75th and it's trim and the colour :P and well I actually hate the boring drab so faddish graphite and grey and silver. I also recall that nearly all the cars we had in my young formative years had red seats and i simply love red as a car interior.

I have "Elsie" my VVC which I am keeping and will continue to mod and improve as and when I can the 75th will be mainly kept as standard. I may upgrade the brakes and of course fit a servo brace as after all she will be driven :woo2: and I know that AP's will fit under the LE Multispoke wheels ;) other things like exhaust we will ahve to wait and see what condition it's in before making a call on that.

Have already book marked a vendor of the Walnut trim kits and that gear knob will be going straight away. I have a nice wooden MGB/Midget type one waiting already B) and the Wooden one also shortens the gear lever a bit .............................. My hope is that it will be possible to get this 75th all fixed up and on the road for the Kirkby Rover rally. A lot will depend on how well "Blue 33" sells. Right now am awaiting a cheque to clear and once it does we have the funds to pay or the car and a bit towards the transportation from Tamworth to home near Boston. Some unexpected costs which have a habit of popping up at just the wrong time have put their oar into things like vets bills :bang: have made things a bit more challanging than normal.

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156406

Have already book marked a vendor of the Walnut trim kits

Would you be so kind as to post a link to these folk please?

Ta
Robin ;)

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156437

Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make.

Have already book marked a vendor of the Walnut trim kits

Would you be so kind as to post a link to these folk please?

Ta

Cardec Auto Interiors
carol batten
Unit 8b Moat Farm Business Centre
Turkey Cock Lane, Copford
colchester
Essex
CO3 8ND
United Kingdom

Phone:01206|791888
Email:cr@mollybella.fsnet.co.uk

They also have an ebay shop:-

Not bad price either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156445

Thank you :beer:
Robin ;)

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156461

No Problem................................... although I had looked at them before that was as far as I had gotten ................................. then of course when this car came up and it needed some attention to the centre console "Wood" I got to thinking and then someone else on a forum again suggested these kits.

Now we just need some of the items that I listed on ebay last night to sell and we can start parts shopping B) .

75th Anniversary 9 years 1 month ago #156467

Is that your bid on ebay? If so I'll leave well alone :whistle:
Robin ;)

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT