Sign In   Register

Topic

75th Anniversary 9 years 4 days ago #158123

Thank you ..................................... not much done today with Doctors visit then to the Hopsital for x-rays ..................................................... next week we hope they can tell me why I cannot kneel on my right knee and why as the day goes on it keels like it's on fire.......

Anyway the headlight arrived and is in really nice clean condition. The outer casing was very grubby so a good scrub up and a touch of glue where the rubber seal/filler to the bumper was coming loose .......................................... Bostick fixed that B) Managed to get water in the good N/S one so will remove that and stick it in the warm to dry out for the next week have glued a rubber seal onto that ones glass too and fitted nice white many LED sides that was about it. Did pick up the rear wheels for "Blue" whilst in town now just need to get her rear tyres swapped over.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Plezier.

Re:75th Anniversary 9 years 4 days ago #158133

My headlight rubbers come loose as well. What glue did you use to fix them ?

75th Anniversary 9 years 4 days ago #158135

evostick fixed that

Correction upon rechecking it was in fact a tube of Bostick :oops: a similiar type of cement to evostik. Only time will tell how well it lasts.

Last edit: Post by Plezier. Reason: Error in glues name

75th Anniversary 9 years 4 days ago #158136

As I am missing one bottom and both headlight rubbers from other side does anyone know where they can be obtained from ?

75th Anniversary 9 years 3 days ago #158153

As I am missing one bottom and both headlight rubbers from other side does anyone know where they can be obtained from ?

Bottom rubber??? Please explain.

I have two headlight rubber strips that came off misted headlights. I do not know if they are obtainable new.

Where abouts are you?

75th Anniversary 9 years 3 days ago #158155

Yesterday was spent adjusting the drivers door glass as best I could. She needs a new cheater as this one is well out of spec and shape. Also finished painting the new rear discs. Most time was wasted trying to find the Apiro filter I bought some time back off e-bay ....................................................... I put it somewhere safe :doh: thought I would try it on the 75th but am damned if I can find where I put it..

Today I can at least fit the rear calipers as the new order from Rimmers arrived:-

Expansion cap
Thermostat O rings
Bleed nipples
Nipple caps
Caliper carrier bolts and spring washers

And 4 new door handle bolts.

Once the calipers are fitted can of course connect the new Yellow HEL rear braided hoses witht eh new S/S banjo bolts. Then chack and clean the other brake lines as required before filling and bleeding the system. Now if I can source soem shocks suitable for the rear we will be getting somewhere.

75th Anniversary 9 years 3 days ago #158158

Hiya i assumed the bottom of the headlights had a rubber strip as well as there is a gap, and Myfanwy has only had a rubber strip on top of one headlight since i bought her, i am located at Minehead West Somerset.

75th Anniversary 9 years 3 days ago #158169

Have only ever seen the rubber strip under the headlamp glass where it fills to joint in between glass and bumper..

These will fit in a jiffy bag to post no problem what do you think?

75th Anniversary 9 years 3 days ago #158171

Sounds like mine maybe have been incorrectly fitted after some work or other as the only one there is loose anyway,if you want to sell pm me with a price including postage .

75th Anniversary 8 years 11 months ago #158280

Yesterday was spent connecting up brake lines and hydragas lines then filling both systems. The brakes have been bled but still have some air as the pedal is not solid as yet, ran out of new fluid, so need to rebleed once we have some fresh brake fluid. Fitted the hand brake cables to the calipers.

Removed the old temp caliper mounting bolts and fitted the new upgraded slightly longer ones then fitted wheels initially just to the rear and using one of those converted oil gun hydragas pumps began filling the system. It takes time using this but it's all we have so that's the way it has to be.

So that's the way it was done and after much pumping and many refills of the cylinder we had pressure showing so the rear was lowered onto it's wheels so it was then possible to tell if it was lifting or not. Well it lifted and once we had positive proof from gaps between tyres and wheel arch the front wheels were fitted and the front lowered.

Due to the height she was at it took some fiddling to get her down as she was up way beyond the jacks reach height wise for the sub frame swap but she is now down and on her wheels. The first thing noticed was how dreadful the gear change is ....................................... talk about sloppy. This has got the rectified so being a Mk1 interior it means the centre console has to come out. Luckily it needs to come out for the failed wood trim to be replaced so at least we can "Kill two birds with one stone" and do both jobs at the same time.

The cable end gaiters have perished ....................... I am sure that will shock you to hear!!!!!, so am thinking that a Satur upgraded bell crank might not be a bad idea just need to see if we an find some money down the back of the sofa or under the bed first!! Yep the budget has run out :crying:

Annoyingly I spotted this when fitting the wheels:-

Brand new ball joints and the rubber boot is persihing before it's even been on the road!! Will take this up with the supplier but am really not pleased with the extra work this now entails :cus: as once can imagine. Rather than remove the new joints am wondering if we can just replace the faulty rubber boot?

Anyway she has spent the night sitting on her wheels and has been rolled backwards a bit and then forwards a bit so this morning the ride height can be looked at and more fluid pumped in as I an certain that yesterdays efforts were not enough. However it now means we can get her booked in for the sill repair as she is movable now :).

75th Anniversary 8 years 11 months ago #158290

As both Bostik and Evostick are brandnames I still haven't got a 'glue' :lol: which type of glue you have used for the head lightrubbers.

Someone got some good advice ?

Last edit: Post by The driving dutchman.

75th Anniversary 8 years 11 months ago #158310

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis

As both Bostik and Evostick are brandnames I still haven't got a 'glue' :lol: which type of glue you have used for the head lightrubbers.

Someone got some good advice ?

both are contact glues. You may know the 'Pattex' brand?
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT