Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162244

Police say the council has already applied for eviction (makes a change for this crappy council as they normally drag their heels on everything!) - and they should be gone in 2 days. Don't believe it myself.

Sat here with TV on and can still here the dogs barking and generators going! GRRRRR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162246

it took about 2 days to move a tribe near us.......but i was told it was done quick because they parked close to school grounds......... :dry:

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162247

More shiny bits!
I spent some time this week installing the Toyosport manifold and downpipe that's been in the way in my den for far too long.
The exhaust part of the job was easy thanks to my electric rattle gun but the removal and replacement of the heat shields and the alternator to get access was a royal pain. The bottom bolt on the A/C cars is really difficult to get on and off. It would have been nice to have an offset 17mm wrench!
I tried to get the O2 sensor out of the old manifold but it was in so tight that the rattle gun spread my impact O2 socket. I had a new sensor on hand so the old one can stay put! While I was under the car I adjusted some of the horde of hose clamps I installed n June when I did my PRT/Silicone Hose conversion. I don't want them to rub through those ridiculously expensive hoses! I also had some fun wire brushing a few rust spots on the subframe and painting them with rust paint.
That's my summer MGF jobs done for this year. :beer:

Shiny above

And shiny below
(I really must clean up that rusty clutch fitting!)

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162251

This week I have fitted a new (used) alternator.

It seems to be working fine so far, c14.5v going though to the battery, and no more warning lights.....lost steering, failing engine or pushing into Asda carpark :P

I just need to get some offset ring spanners now so I can tighten the blummin bottom bolt properly! I have also removed and cleaned the coolant tank inside & out, and will probably swap the hose clips for the "jubilee" type.

The next job is to try and stop the carpet coming away in the drivers footwell.. At some point there's been some serious adhesive applied, so I may have to remove that and use some industrial grade Velcro :P

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162258

Rich, looks good. I do hope you are using axle stands.....one photo makes it look like it's just on the jack....and on a slope too.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162265

No worries Richard I had just pulled the stands out and took the pic from beside the car. The surface was level BTW. :lol:

Cheers,
Rich

Don't be this guy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162268

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Yeah. health and safety in evidence there. No problem. :omg:
David
:shrug:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162330

Had a pair of Multispoke wheels blasted and painted the other week. So the paint should be hard enough by now so last Thursday had the new tyres fitted and balanced. New treads are 205/45 R16 and NOT 215's as I wanted to try a slightly narrower trye on the front. So as this last week end was "The Autumn Weekender" at Cosgrove park this seemed an ideal chance to try them out so swapped the Falken 914's in 215/40 R16 to the rear and fitted the new 205's to the front of the 75th Anniversary MGF. After adjusting the tyre pressures, despite my telling the fitters what pressure was required when i checked them they were at over 30lbs and NOT the 26lbs requested .............................................. why do they do this???

Over the weekend we covered over 350 milesa nd I can report that the slightly narrower wodth has made the car more stable and she has lost that twitchy feeling over tar bands, raised lines and uneven surfaces that is present with 215's all round. Of course having a 10mm wider track at the front due tot eh 5mm spacers to clear the AP's up front may make this twitchyness worse of course.

I am so impressed by the result that I will be buying 205's to go onto the front of "Elsie" my 97 VVC which also runs 16" multispoke wheels and currently has 215's all round.

The new tyres are an experiment to see how they handle to wet, it rained horribly and really heavy driving down to Cosgrove, in fact so heavy it was not possible to go faster than 40mph near Peterborough due to reduced visiblility. The heavens simply opened. The tyres beign tried on the front are Nankang NS-2 in 205/45 R16 reinforced so it will be interesting to see how they fare in the coming months.

Last week also picked up a good front bumper with fog light holes in BRG (HAM) to replace the damaged one on "Elsie". It had been filled before by soemone unknown before I acquired her and it's split across the top either side of the MG badge. If the rain holds off I might try to remove her damaged one today. She is currently in dry dock awaiting sill repairs and her MOT has now expired. Her gearbox support arm has been replaced with a good one that was rust treated then painted before fitting. Currently her rear bumper is off and the rust around the crash cans is being dealt with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 7 months ago #162339

so the mot in october is getting closer by the minute..........new brakes and pads were fitted to the front a while back with cleaned up calipers..............now its time for the back......noticed the decreased breaking power and looking at the condition of the rear disc.......the caliper has siezed.....

so off they came ready for the new parts.......and a caliper clean up :hgf: :hgf:
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 7 months ago #162353

Today i bought the discs and pads for the rear and cleaned up those dirty calipers......
:P pictured below-the new delphi discs and pads :P

:P pictured below the condition of one old caliper :P

:P And below shows the caliper after a good scrub up and paint before fitting :P

now the only thing to do is fit them.............maybe at the weekend. :broon:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 7 months ago #162380

Fitted the discs and calipers today and bled the system............ :P

used this angle grinder spanner to wind back the piston fitted just fine......

and below pictured-a view trough the wheel

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 7 months ago #162407

so today i bought 2 new front trackrod ends. :dry:

After dinner i started fitting them with thoughts of gas bottles and stillos..... :coat: ..

But i was pleasently surprised after undoing the top nut....i aimed my 19mm spanner at the locknut and it undid easy ...wow and now for the big one.......the trackrod end came undone using my fingers only.................... the threads shining like gold :woohoo: :woo2

now just left to fit the new one.: :hgf:

Easy has pie.........one side done in the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee..... :broon: :hgf:

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT