Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #161844

No wonder the dammned forum is dieing having to do all this! :rant:

The rear of the O/S sill is bad:-

Yes some previous "Muppet" tried covering it up with filler :bang:

Quotes for the repair are quite frightening :omg: so it will be a while before she returns to the road even though her test is not due until next month.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #161850

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I've just checked and have successfully added 11 photos to the same post. :yesnod: I suspect the issue is with the photobucket website you are using to add photo links.

I always add photos directly from my hard drive as attachments rather than use the likes of tinypics, photobucket etc.

This is a much simpler method than uploading to a photo hosting website and then posting links into your posts. I realise that the hosting method is necessary with other forums
Try that method of addition. :broon:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #161856

I use photobucket OK normally, although late;y been using Google Photos as my Phone syncs everything I take up to there automatically anyway.

With regard to the rear repair... I had exactly the same problem on Meg... I found a good one in scrap yard and got them to cut the entire section form half way up the wheel arch to past the rusty bit in a kind of arc. Then I cut it to match the size of the hole after cutting out the rust from her. Got a local welder to do the actual deed after forst cleaning and de-rustring/painting all the inner surfaces. Cost £200 all in I seem to remember.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #161862

No wonder the dammned forum is dieing having to do all this! :rant:

The rear of the O/S sill is bad:-

Yes some previous "Muppet" tried covering it up with filler :bang:

Quotes for the repair are quite frightening :omg: so it will be a while before she returns to the road even though her test is not due until next month.

I just had some welding done on my near side sill. They ground the sill and rust, welded a plate (about 40cm x 10cm), filled it and flattened it back, then applied a coat of stone chip ready for me to paint. Looks really neat and no sign of a join but it does need painting because the stone chip is not a sealant apparently.

Cost - £117 inc vat. Bargain I reckon.
Robin ;)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #161885

I ordered an under bonnet shiny kit yesterday from MGFnTF Bitz and it arrived this morning (not bad from Glossop to the Black Isle - good ol' Royal Mail).

I was really after the s/s radiator top mounts and horn mounts; I already have the battery clamp & bolts. However, for £36.50 for the bits I wanted or £41 for all the bits I went for the whole package as you can never have enough s/s and the clamp will go for a fiver to someone in the Highland MGOC.

This was a top mount before:

This is after:

You have to reuse or replace the rubber gommets. Mine were in good nick so just needed a clean. They come out under finger pressure only.

Here were the horn clamps before:

And here they are afterwards:

As well as making me a more interesting person to talk to this kit improves the performance of your car! This is because the old radiator mounts weighed 36 grams and the new only 34. As there are 2 the total weight saving is a massive 4 grams bringing my standard 1.8i that bit closer to the VVC ;)

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: c.steffan

Last edit: Post by Blow-in.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #161888

I see you've been polishing your horn, people will talk you know
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #161948

Not to much work but it's been sat on my PC desk for months.Finally put it where it belongs :broon:

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Bertl

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162104

Washed and hoovered ready for the South Downs Run tomorrow

http://www.wsmgoc.co.uk/page5.html

:yesnod:
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162109

We were going to do it but on Friday the builder, that we engaged in January, announced he will be starting on Monday, only 4 months late!

Instead I set off from here at 5.30 to go into work to grab the new van and run over to Gloucester to pick up some replacement panels for the MPi, 300 miles later I had dropped the panels off, returned the van and was in front of the TV in time for the F1 qualifying. Relevance of the van being new, two fold, I've put a quarter of the mileage on the van and when I made the trip to collect the car in the first place from near Gloucester it took me twice as long with the old van.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162116

This weekend I am doing very little on the TF.. instead it's time to give Michael my Range Rover P38 some love.. so I am retrimming his door pillar trims and headlining!

Trims covered in new suede material:

Headlining with old droopy covering stripped. I gave it a coat of PVA sealer so the new stuff sticks better:

Tomorrow the new liner suede goes on. Then I have the sunshade to do and it's all sorted!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162124

Done nothing this week apart from fitting one of these twin usb chargers to the cigar lighter socket.........................got fed up of phone battery running low when im miles from no where..............cost £1.35 including delivery.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 years 8 months ago #162186

could not stand the look of the recycling sticker on the battery,,,,,could of just peeled it off,but fancied something different,after doing the stainless bolt change....the battery was brand new but looked out of place with that wheelie bin logo.

so i got a sticker that was carbon fibre effect with a chrome mg logo

might not blow everyones froth off but i think it looks good
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT