Sign In   Register

Topic

Impact wrench advice 6 years 1 month ago #184205

How bloody oomph do you need? Milwaukee do a 1/2" drive 18V rattle gun that is good for 1016Nm fastening torque and 1491Nm of nut busting torque!

You wouldn't need anywhere near that much torque to work on one of our cars.... @350 Nm is all your ever likely to need working on a car.

You may as well go for a battery unit as there is no buggerising about with leads to trip over and get tangled, you can use it out and about (breakdowns etc)

Aldi had one on sale here in Oz, I got one and it's good for @ 300Nm, it works fine, cheap and cheerfull too!
I've got a Bosch blue 18V and pneumatc rattle guns for serious work but I find I use to Aldi one the most, because it's always in the back of the ute with various other Aldi battery tools, I treat them as disposable I don't care as much if some vermin scumbag thief pinches them from the back of the ute.
In fact some prick lower than a snake's arsehole did indeed steal a full set of Aldi battery tools from the ute last year,:rant: I just went out and got more, it would've hurt a lot more if they got the Bosch Professional stuff!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Impact wrench advice 6 years 1 month ago #184215

Milwaukee

Ouch :slapme:

Expensive even if you already own the batteries and charger!

I bought one of these
Clarke

A few years ago, though only paid £36 for it at machine mart.

Only used it a few times, but has got some stubborn bolts undone. I have an 800Nm Torque wrench in my car, but it needs a lot of space to use. The clarke is much more easy to use on a car.

Impact wrench advice 6 years 1 month ago #184223

How bloody oomph do you need? Milwaukee do a 1/2" drive 18V rattle gun that is good for 1016Nm fastening torque and 1491Nm of nut busting torque!

Batteries go flat, need chargers, cost more, I already have a reasonable Ryobi one+ cordless........

Expensive even if you already own the batteries and charger!

I bought one of these
Clarke

Thanks, the sort of info I need.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT