Find Posts from
Sort Results by
Search at a specific date
Jump to Result Number
Search in Categories

Search Results

Searched for: dipped headlight
12 Jul 2021 11:04
Further to David's comment regarding the connections to the dipped headlights failing, I had that particular problem with my 2004 TF.  I replaced the H7 connectors and local wiring using some that I bought on ebay.   Pictures, including the repair, are here.
Category: MGF/TF Pitstop
22 Oct 2020 09:00

2 points I noted on the way home. I need to fix the wiring of the dipped bulb on the nearside as violet bumps make it go off - the blade connector was a bit damaged it looked like so maybe a bit of wiring with a new crimp connector to be done there.

Glad to hear that the brakes are sorted and that the overheating might be an anomaly.

I had a problem with the connection of one of the dipped headlights on my TF. I replaced the bulb connector. Pictures, including the repair, are here.

This is the part.
H7 2 Pin Headlight Replacement Repair Bulb Holder Connector Plug Wire Socket
Buy It Now
23 Feb 2019 11:47

Driver side dipped headlight would glow a dull orange then go off ... replaced the bulbs and checked the fuses - No change! ... Then found that the pin connector plug for the headlamp showed signs of burning on one pin hole .... Cleaned it and made the pin hole a tighter fit .... All fine now :)

I had a problem with overheated wiring to the dipped headlights in mine a while ago. Pictures, including the repair, are here.
23 May 2017 17:03
The nearside dipped headlight on my 2004 TF packed up. An inspection revealed that it wasn't the bulb but the bulb connector and wiring inside the lamp. I sourced a pair of H7 connectors from eBay and set about repairing it.

I removed the cover from the back of the lamp

You can see the scorched yellow wire. The insulation on the blue wire has disintegrated

The connector has melted too

I cut the wires about 3cm from the connector as the insulation seemed OK here

Here is the new connector, tinned and ready to go, complete with heat-shrink tubing

All soldered and insulated.

Ideally, I would have liked to have replaced the whole length of wire (the leads on the new connectors were long enough) but I couldn't figure out how to. The offside dipped headlight not quite so bad but will be repaired the same way. The main beam lights are perfect, presumably because they don't get used as much, as talkingcars suggested.
26 Apr 2017 11:37
I've tried (3 times) to upload a scan of the relevant page from my TF (2004) owners manual without success. I don't why, I've never had trouble with images before. Only about 5% of the picture appears.

The bottom line is that if you take off the rubber cover behind the dipped headlight bulb there is supposed to be a lever. you simply (!) move this to the alternate position. Repeat for the other side.

I'll try to upload the scan again later but if you PM me with your email, and I'll email it to you.

Bruce.
01 Apr 2017 18:16
I had to replace the nearside dipped headlight bulb recently and found that the connector needs to be replaced. The plastic on the connector is falling to bits and the insulation on the wires is brittle, falling off and exposing the copper within. It looks like heat damage. The offside is the same. I haven't looked at the main beam connectors yet but suspect the same too. I've made a temporary fix but need to make a proper repair. The connectors are easily available.

My question is how easy is it to replace these connectors and wires? I presume I need to remove the front lamp units. There doesn't seem to be a how to for this. Is it straightforward? Any advice appreciated.

The parts I am talking about are these:

H7 2 Pin Headlight Replacement Repair Bulb Holder Connector Plug Wire Socket
Buy It Now
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 results.
Time to create page: 2.119 seconds