Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

How to run RAVE under Windows 10 or Windows 11 1 year 3 weeks ago #201258

Here I put two methods found on other forums which works in order how tu run RAVE under Windows 10 and Windows 11. I am passing them in whole how they are written.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How to run RAVE under Windows 10 or Windows 11 1 year 3 weeks ago #201259

METHOD 1:

__________________________________________________________________________________
Copy the CD contents into a folder on your harddrive or USB stick.

Locate and open the 'Acrobat4' folder.

Open the 'Resource' folder.

Delete the folders 'CMap' and 'Font' or rename them

Rave will now open and run, you may get a warning of missing fonts but it doesn't seem to cause any issues.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

How to run RAVE under Windows 10 or Windows 11 1 year 3 weeks ago #201260

METHOD 2:

After updating Windows, it was dicovered that RAVE no longer functions, either from the disc or directly for the hard drive, if you have transferred the CD in its entirety, so there needs to be workaround if the technical data is to be run on an up to date PC.
To counteract this, we need to proceed as follows, and this guide assumes that we are running RAVE directly from a folder on the PC copied from the CD rather then from the CD itself.
My preference is to copy the entire content of each model CD to a folder in My Documents, with an easy identifier such as 75 Platform, 25 Platform, 45 Platform, MGTF Platform, RDL001EN etc.

In each of the RAVE folders follow these instructions to the letter, and the problem will be solved.

Right click on AcroRd32.exe in the Acrobat4\Reader folder.
Select "Properties" and then "Compatibility".
Under "Compatibiluty Mode" check the box for "Run this program under compatibility mode for:" and from the drop down menu select "Windows 98 / Windows ME". Apply/OK all selections.

Right click Tdata.exe. Select "Properries" then "Compatibility". Under "Compatibility Mode" check the box for "Run this program under xompatibility mode for:" and from the drop down menu select "Windows 98 / Windows ME". Apply/OK all selections.

Finaly click on Tdata configuration settings, it will open with Notepad, and under the [shortcut] section you will see a line of text beginning "Item=MG Rover Tecnical Data"
You should alter this to reflect the model that particular version of RAVE covers, for example of 75 Platform alter to read "Item=75 and ZT Tecnical Data", then save and exit.

Now double click on Tdata.exe, and after Tdata.exe is run for the first time, the shortcut created on the Desktop will not be overwritten, and will identify appropriate model.

How to run RAVE under Windows 10 or Windows 11 1 year 3 weeks ago #201262

I like method 2, do nothing ! Since I've had the car I've relied on the circuit diagram, the electrical info furnished by T-Bar & a hard copy of the workshop manual, does the Rave CD furnish any greater insight than that that I have?

How to run RAVE under Windows 10 or Windows 11 1 year 3 weeks ago #201263

Well you obviously replied to this thread while I was editing Method 2. My usual way of posting is to create posts first and then edit them in order for others not to break the continuity of the thread.

To answer your question - yes RAVE offers much more information then just electric diagrams and workshop manual, if you care to read all the information written in each CD. There are several,versions of RAVE covering different phases in time of MG Rover era from 1995 to 2005.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

How to run RAVE under Windows 10 or Windows 11 1 year 3 weeks ago #201264

Thank you & crikey, I much preferred method 2 when it was a blank page, can I go for method 1, there’s less writing.
In my last post I missed name checking Dieter whose early version of the f circuit fed my curiosity during the first weeks of ownership.
And “Advance Australia Fair”. Cobbers pithy post adequately demonstrates why Australia is so important to the Commonwealth; an Australian can say with near impunity what a reserved Englishman can only think.
So warning, don’t post pictures of second rate work or Cobber will slice you off at the knee.

How to run RAVE under Windows 10 or Windows 11 1 year 3 weeks ago #201306

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks. Which of the Rave CD options / versions on the download page would be best to start with please ?

How to run RAVE under Windows 10 or Windows 11 1 year 3 weeks ago #201307

Thanks. Which of the Rave CD options / versions on the download page would be best to start with please ?

The one for your car. If I am not mistaken you said you have 2002 1.6 MG TF. That would be RAVE B then.

How to run RAVE under Windows 10 or Windows 11 1 year 3 weeks ago #201308

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Thats great thanks, downloading

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT