Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

PSCAN read EKA but EKA won't mobilise 5 months 2 weeks ago #204885

I successfully used PSCAN to read the EKA on my MG zs 180, 05 reg). I noted it down closed off the software, got out of the car, locked it with the fob, removed the fob from my keyring and moved it well away from the car. I then used the EKA, put the key in the ignition but car still immobilised. To get the car started I then had to lock it with the fob, then unlock it with the fob and it started.
Any ideas ? Am I missing something ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

PSCAN read EKA but EKA won't mobilise 5 months 2 weeks ago #204892

After you enter the EKA you have to wait for at least five minutes (but less than ten minutes) before you open the door and start the engine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwikk

PSCAN read EKA but EKA won't mobilise 5 months 2 weeks ago #204897

Thank you - sorted. I did have the right EKA and did everything right..... except waiting for 5 minutes. When I repeated the EKA procedure and waited , it worked - success !!.. I can now go on to program a new fob
Thanks again
Ian

PSCAN read EKA but EKA won't mobilise 5 months 2 weeks ago #204899

There is a video here

PSCAN read EKA but EKA won't mobilise 4 months 4 days ago #205308

After you enter the EKA you have to wait for at least five minutes (but less than ten minutes) before you open the door and start the engine.

Darn it. I didn't know about this time window following EKA entry. Was so pleased it worked and extinguished the immobiliser light that I went off to celebrate and didn't come back 'till 24hrs later to find it'd reset itself.
Will try again, thanks Pscan.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT