Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Problem with PSCAN using Windows on a Notebook 10 months 2 weeks ago #202711

Late last year I obtained "PSCAN" and using an old Dell Laptop (Windows XP) managed to get PSCAN to function and recode two key fobs.
At the end of the year I obtained a 2nd hand notebook with ms365 and windows 10.
64-bit operating system and x64-based processor.
I attempted to download pscan to this notebook for reasons of simplicity with the thought that it would be easier to transport for general use and for help with establishing any fault codes if away from home.
During the attempt to download pscan I believe I downloaded the exe files etc twice and deleted one set.
For practical reasons I was unable to get in the car for several weeks and working on it was out of the question.
I had the opportunity to use the car in the last few weeks and one "scare" with one of the two sets of keys I have where one failed to open or lock the car. I therefore opted to fit a new battery and fit a battery to a spare Lucas key fob using the Venturer notebook.
Attached is an image of what I could see on the screen. It had asked if I wished to update (which I declined as I wanted to do the job there and then and not delay).
As I could get no further as it suggested it was doing something but nothing was happening.
I disconnected the ventuter and connected the old Dell Laptop. That worked just as it had at the end of last year.

What am I doing wrong please?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Problem with PSCAN using Windows on a Notebook 10 months 2 weeks ago #202753

Check whether Windows is already running a process of the same name. If so end the procees and try again. Beyond that have you set it up to run in compatibility mode as would be the norm for an application written for an earlier version of windows or running it just as though it were a native Windows 10, 64 bit application ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

Problem with PSCAN using Windows on a Notebook 10 months 2 weeks ago #202769

Thank you for the response. This forum is relatively new to me. Yes I understand my question may need to be asked in a different section, but which section should it be posted in please?

Problem with PSCAN using Windows on a Notebook 10 months 2 weeks ago #202770

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
moved it for you to the pscan.uk diagnostic tool forum
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Last edit: Post by Bertl.

Problem with PSCAN using Windows on a Notebook 10 months 1 week ago #202824