• Page:

Topic

SRS 11 months 1 week ago #202246

• PipL's Avatar Topic Author
  • PipL
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi all.
My SRS light is permanently on while the ignition is on.
I have checked the plugs under the seats and cleaned and all fine.
The light on the dash is sometimes dim, but sometimes bright so i thought bad earth and cant find one, the only thing I did before it came on was add a wire so that I can wipe/wash at the same time with a 3 sweep cycle.
I have plugged my Pscan in, no general faults found, went into airbags, selected RC5, it goes through the normal initiation then goes back to the main menu, I have checked all the other airbag links and nothing.
My car is a MK1 MGF VVC 1998.
This is doing my nut.
Any help to reduce my drinking heavily to numb the pain will be received with lifetime gratitude

Regards

Pip.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SRS 11 months 1 week ago #202247

some years ago had to replace the srs ecu on my ZS. Pscan would not connect to it... and I also noticed that when turning the ignition on, the SRS did not flash off and then back on to indicate that it had detected a fault. bought a new ecu arrived next day, problem solved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PipL

SRS 11 months 1 week ago #202252

Have you removed the wash/wipe link & is it still problematic, is there a passenger air bag, have you been working near the airbag ecu & moved the connector in any way. I’m on holiday at the moment plus I’ve no idea where you live, but if you’re close to me when I’m home I’ll let you have a couple or three ecu’s to experiment with (don’t ask why I’ve ended up with a surfeit of ecu’s) not expecting to get them back. Oh & there’s a big fat earth down there in the darkness, always good for another quarter turn.

SRS 11 months 1 week ago #202253

• PipL
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi, no i haven't disconnected the wire, its soldered in but i guess i will have to try.
I live in Solihull, Birmingham, I havent been anywhere near the ecu..

SRS 11 months 1 week ago #202257

Get that wire cut, don't take it out, if you like the addition & it's not that, you can remake the joint without having to bother the soldering iron again. Is the mod a proprotorial job or have you worked back from the drawings. I did something similar many years ago & it's written up on here somewhere, but I've not had any bother with any other service.
I live in Lancashire so it's a bit of a stretch from Solihull, even if the ecu's are gratis..

SRS 11 months 1 week ago #202258

• PipL
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
I shall cut it tomorrow and see, its a mod that i have seen in a manual plus everyone has told me about.
yeah it is a bit of a jaunt and I wouldn't take advantage of a gratis gesture, i would have got it back to you. i will look tomorrow and get back to you.....cheers

SRS 11 months 1 week ago #202264

selected RC5, it goes through the normal initiation then goes back to the main menu,.

I think that you are saying the pscan cannot connect to the SRS ECU at all.

Make sure that there is a power going to the SRS ECU, as well as a good earth.
If the SRS isn't receiving power then pscan won't connect to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PipL

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT