Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Stuck running Pscan on Ubuntu 1 year 2 months ago #201063

Fresh install of Ubuntu. USB ports work with other devices, Pscan installed and licence downloaded.

With the device plugged in via USB and into a Rover 200 I get this:

What is wrong or what needs setting? Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Stuck running Pscan on Ubuntu 1 year 2 months ago #201072

Could really do with some help on this please. As the Pscan is useless if I can't get it to work. There seems to be no contact info on the actual Pscan website.

Quite happy to drive and visit in person to help resolve this, assuming sensible distances. I'm Beds/Bucks based.

Or happy to setup a Teams style video call/screen share if that would be easier. But I'd really like some assistance in getting the Pscan working. Thank you.

Stuck running Pscan on Ubuntu 1 year 2 months ago #201074

OK. I'm no expert, especially in Linux, but have you checked everything on this list ? I'm thinking especially the bit about having the license.txt file and the pscanapp in the same folder as the rest of the installation.

The only other thing that I can think of is that my recollection is that the car's ignition needs to be turned on when you start pscan.

Philip, the designer and maker of pscan will probably be along soon.

Stuck running Pscan on Ubuntu 1 year 2 months ago #201075

Is your user part of the dialout group?
Applications in ubuntu need to be in the dialout group to be able to access serial/USB adapters such as the one inside pscan.
If you can't resolve it and want to visit me in Ruislip then I'll be happy to help.

Stuck running Pscan on Ubuntu 1 year 2 months ago #201076

to add yourself to the dialout group you open a terminal and type this:-

sudo adduser username dialout

Changing username for whatever is your username.

After that you have to logout and log back in to make it take effect.

Stuck running Pscan on Ubuntu 1 year 2 months ago #201082

Thanks, I did check this and it looked right. I'll check again and post a screen shot. Thanks for the offer that is very kind, may well take you up on that. But I'll try a few more times first.

Stuck running Pscan on Ubuntu 1 year 2 months ago #201103

Thanks, I did check this and it looked right. I'll check again and post a screen shot. Thanks for the offer that is very kind, may well take you up on that. But I'll try a few more times first.

Please can you reply to your Private Messages

Stuck running Pscan on Ubuntu 1 year 2 months ago #201127

There are some things that we can check.

Please start a terminal app and get root:-
sudo bash

With pscan not connected to the computer type:-
dmesg

Then plug in pscan into the USB port (you don't need to connect to a car for this). Now again type
dmesg

You will see (hopefully) some new line have appeared at the end of the dmesg logs that were not there before it was plugged in.

Please reply here and paste in the new extra lines that appear ones the pscan box is plugged into a USB port.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT