Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mac book pro Big Sur 1 year 8 months ago #199657

Although I use Macbooks, I'm afraid I've never tried to use the pscan on one, so I can offer no real help.
I use a couple of 2nd hand shitty old windows 10 laptopsfitted with solidstate hard drives for automotive diagnostics as they are compact and utterly disposable should they get overcome by gravity and percussion or get oil and grease all over them.
Kill one and rip out the hard drive, for use on the replacement and bin the rest......... much better than buggering up a nice pricey Macbook!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mac book pro Big Sur 1 year 8 months ago #199660

Yes it is a nice macbook
But the good news is that Ive done it!
The problem was a dodgy connection between the PScan USB connector and the Mac adaptor
Successfully got the programme into the MEMS now and OMG what a difference!

OK a little bit of me is worried that it'll all go pop when we're halfway across the Transfagaran pass BUT it's all looking fine right now.
Attachments:

Mac book pro Big Sur 1 year 8 months ago #199672

The atom failure is because xquartz isn't running. The pscan software needs xquartz to be running in order to display anything and so if can't you get such an error message.

If nothing is in the port selector then it means that the USB connection hasn't been detected.

Anyway I'm glad you got it all working.

Mac book pro Big Sur 1 year 6 months ago #200155

Hi, did you get this sorted, i have the same issue. Thanks

Mac book pro Big Sur 1 year 4 days ago #201845

I have just had a customer with a 2013 Macbook Pro contact me because he uses pscan infrequently, but when he does use it the application misbehaves at first, and then a while later starts to work properly.

My guess is that because he is using it infrequently maybe there are security updates from Apple and it MacOS is reprofiling the pscan software or something like that?

I remember seeing behaviour like this before with new installations, that at first the software wouldn't work, and then ten minutes later it starts working and is fine after that.

Has anyone else seen behaviour like this or have an ideas?

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT