Sign In   Register

Topic

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194890

Actually just thought of a couple more that might be very relevant:- :dry:

1. Presumably battery needs disconnecting (+ve -ve or both terminals?) before connecting + disconnecting the ecus?

2. What if the new ecu is brand new? Does it have to have a vin allocated before it can be used? Can a brand spanking new ecu do the 'learn EMS'?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by ArntyR.

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194891

1. Presumably battery needs disconnecting (+ve -ve or both terminals?) before connecting + disconnecting the ecus?

I have no idea. Personally I don't bother, but for liability reasons I have to suggest that you follow the manufacturers recommended procedure. I make a diagnostic tool; not advise on how to take your car apart.

2. What if the new ecu is brand new? Does it have to have a vin allocated before it can be used? Can a brand spanking new ecu do the 'learn EMS'?

I have never seen a brand new ECU and so I have never been given the opportunity to reverse engineer how the T4 does that. If you get a brand new ECU then I will configure it on my T4 for you for free, and then I will know how the T4 does it and can implement the feature for other customers. The SIAC TFs are a little more problematic because I would have to use the newer "T5" MG dealer tool, but I could probably get access to one (that's how the service reset was done). Unless you are bothered about the VIN number it probably isn't worth it though. There is even a way to change the VIN number of a used ECU, it can be done, but you need to get the EPROM off of the PCB and reprogrammed on an EPROM programmer.

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194894

Oh, right, sorry...

I'll see if I can get away without needing a vin in the new ecu - but if I can't then I'd like take you up on your kind offer. I get that a used ecu should take its vin into the new car. Perhaps I should've gone used SAIC but they're very rare and come with scu and fobs which seems to double the new 'ecu-only' price.

Yep, it's a new learning curve; I expect I'm speaking for markvrs, and you too, in hoping that others will see a benefit in our struggles to solve these early 'unknowns'.

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194895

Just one caveat. I said that you can put a 24/45 ECU into a TF, but I don't know about a SIAC TF. I don't know if pre SIAC ECUs work in SIAC cars or not. You need to do your own research on that. I am pretty sure that the Pektron is the same, but it's possible that they changed the wiring or something and there is some gotcha that I don't know about. You need to do your own research, or just try it out. If you can get pre SIAC and SIAC wiring diagrams and compare the ECU connectors then that would tell you a lot.

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194896

Yes, confirmed. I have a pre-SAIC MGR ecu (part no.NNN100743) working fine in my '10 TF135 - and these were the standard 'cooking' ecus on 25/45s and others inc TF, I gather. (I'll send you a pic as soon as I take it out.)
Atm Rimmers supply new NNN100743 and NNN000830 (for MGR and SAIC respectively, I suppose.) SAIC is 'EU4 compliant' but I gather anything from 2005 had to be 'EU4' Mine could well be pre-2005 and last 3 MoTs have been 'clean'. EU4 might have been achieved by different injectors since these seem to be different in the SAIC.

I can't see why a used SAIC shouldn't work for me - since it's already 'vin'd' - but new is 1/2 the price. Worth the 'hassle' and rude not to try I reckon.

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194897

Hi,

My only issue I can see now is that although p-scan communicates with SAIC / Continental / NNN100830 ECU , Mark Stacey at K-Maps said you can not programme it via OBD port like you can with Rover / Motorola / NNN100743. He removed the SAIC ECU and plugged it in directly to his box of tricks to re-programme.

So adding a Rover / Motorola / p-scan OBD / SAWS combo should work, maybe a SAIC / Continental / p-scan OBD / SAWS may not.

Off to ebay for a NNN100743 to have a play.

Cheers, Mark

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194898

(Mark you have a PM.)

Yes, I'm getting the impression that your MGR ecu quest is more d-i-y-able, atm, than mine...

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194903

I have done some research and (at this time) pscan is not able to tune remap the MEMS3 from a SAIC built MGTF.
If there is an update to the situation I will post it here https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/pscan-uk-diagnostic-tool-forum/97270-chip-tuning-with-pscan so I suggest subscribing to that topic.

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194904

Aw...well, thanks for keeping us updated. Of course, I'll keep an eye out for any update. markvrs - you're okay to go then...:broon:

A little bit confused tho'; when you say 'tune the MEMS3...' do you mean remap via SAWS - or do you mean perform the 'learn EMS' to enable the SAIC immobiliser to work?
(I suspect you mean the former since SAIC seems to delight in throwing up so many barriers...)

Still, I'll report back if I can get the standard new SAIC to play ball + I'm sure/hoping that markvrs will keep us updated on his journey with the MGR ecu in the other direction.

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194905

sorry I meant SAWS remap

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 3 months ago #194912

Yep - PScan paired my current (brand) new SAIC/Continental MEMS3 ecu up with my current SAIC scu + fobs and will do so with an older MGR ecu too. :clap:

Everything went as expected. The new ecu was recognised as NNN000830 but the vin contains loadsa question marks.

After following the 'learn EMS' command the car started okay at ~1200rpm and gradually settled to 830 - 870rpm and I switched off at 83C. I can always check the fan cut-in temp after a proper run.

Well-pleased and I gained a bonnet/boot dash light indicator that probably wasn't 'on' the previous Rover MGR ecu .

PScan, you're on my Christmas card list. :woohoo:
ps who wants wine instead of water anyway?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

can PScan sync a MEMS3 ecu? 3 years 1 month ago #195348

So after a few weeks...
tickover is less frantic
fan normally 'sensitive', ie cuts in normally at ~103C. (Interestingly doesn't stay on for long before the temp is reduced after cut-in) - certainly doesn't stay on after switch-off.
('new' bonnet/boot indicator might have been something I'd not noticed before)
normal running temp stays around 85C - but weather has been cold

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT