Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

New laptop advice 5 years 3 months ago #188903

I have a new laptop, the old one still works but won’t for much longer. Please can someone tell me how to deinstall the PSCAN software? Ideally I’d like to keep my PSCAN registered to one computer only in case I have a problem with my new PC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New laptop advice 5 years 3 months ago #188911

The current computer identity is stored inside the interface.
The is nothing to do in the current computer.
If in the future you need that license spot the software will prompt you to do that at that time.
Just install the software on your new computer and use it, don't worry about the old one.
Additionally and optionally once your new computer is working you could install Linux on the old one (xubuntu recommended) and reinstall pscan for Linux on it. As it is the same physical computer it will pick up the license that it already used with Windows.

New laptop advice 5 years 3 months ago #188916

Thank you. Most useful.

New laptop advice 4 years 11 months ago #190289

Didn't think it relevant to start a new thread but have an issue. Had my hard drive fail on laptop recently, just installed pscan, accepted license opened pscan but all I'm getting is Computer not registered.....any advice here on what to do/try?

New laptop advice 4 years 11 months ago #190290

Are you saying that you put a new hard drive into the same laptop that you were using before for pscan?

Have you installed the device drivers for things like Bluetooth, ethernet, WiFi etc?

New laptop advice 4 years 11 months ago #190294

Technically it the same hdd, it's an ssd which went blue screen and couldn't be recovered so reinstalled...device drivers etc were loaded on during the reinstall. did the reinstall a while back and only install pscan software yesterday as not needed to use it for a while, all loads, gives menus but when going to chose is when the message "Computer not registered" comes up and states only basic obd functions can be used

New laptop advice 4 years 11 months ago #190296

Still not sorted, however; I dug out my old Dell Latitude laptop with an iffy battery which I also have the Pscan software installed. Just meant I needed to get an extension lead out to the car (luckily I've a 30 metre one) so I could plug the laptop charger in :) One quick update of software and no issues, coded new Pektron fob and now all put away :)

Odd one with my other laptop but not too worried about that now I've done what I wanted too.

New laptop advice 4 years 6 months ago #191527

Resurrection time :) Ok, This has become an issue again now...my Dell latitude laptop is currently in Ashford (forgot to bring it back when visiting family a few months back) and I am in South Wales which is around 250+ away which means it is effectively out of use until I can get it back to me which may be over two weeks time as my family down there are on holiday atm.

Anyway, as previously mentioned, my other laptop I have the software on is telling me "computer not registered" so at the moment my pscan unit is just an expensive OBD reader. Am I going to need to send it back to get my unit to recognise two computers again or is there a different option.

New laptop advice 4 years 6 months ago #191528

Personally I would delete the software from the other laptop and then re-install from www.pscan.uk , when I tried it from ***.eu it wouldn't work.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

New laptop advice 4 years 6 months ago #191529

Err....this is what I have done

New laptop advice 4 years 6 months ago #191531

The laptop that you have with you; is it running pscan 0425?

New laptop advice 4 years 6 months ago #191533

Yes

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT