Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

My other car is.... 1 year 9 months ago #199351

An MG ZT 2.5 V6 160 in Trophy Blue, matching my TF.

Previous car history, from 1989 when I learned to drive:

1978 Cavalier 1.9 GL Saloon in Pastel Beige with brown vinyl roof (and go faster stripes!)
1985 Opel Manta B 1.8 Berlinetta Coupe in Carmine Red (to match my Dad's at the time)
1989 Vauxhall Cavalier GSi 2000 in White (great car)
1999 Vauxhall Vectra 140 Sri Estate in White (2 years old with 100,000 on the clock)
2002 MG ZT 2.5 V6 160+ in Silver
2005 Ford Focus 1.6 Diesel in Blue
2012 MG 6 1.8 TSE Magnette in Grey
2002 MG ZT 2.5 V6 160+ in Trophy Blue (Sold to son in 2020, bought back in 2022)
2008 Mini Cooper 1.6 in Black/White roof
2003 MG TF 135 in Trophy Blue

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My other car is.... 1 year 2 months ago #201129

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
collected something new from our friendly Hyundai dealer.

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
Attachments:

My other car is.... 1 year 2 months ago #201130

collected something new from our friendly Hyundai dealer.

Hopefully you won’t have to put that friendliness to a stress test with a warranty claim :lol:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

My other car is.... 1 year 2 months ago #201131

Sad to say my TF has gone and I am missing her.

I bought a ST Fiesta and couldn't justify running two cars any more.

On the bright side the little three pot is as much fun to drive as my MG ever was. The car is just perfect for blasting down the B roads, plenty of power and a LSD to pull you round the bends.

The main thing I miss is the meetings with other MG owners and dropping the roof.:(

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic inserted

My other car is.... 1 year 2 months ago #201140

Lancia Beta Coupe.....
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Last edit: Post by neilpinleeds.

My other car is.... 1 year 2 months ago #201143

Always liked the Lancia Beta, a subtle yet beautiful design,
that blue is probably the best colour, must’ve been noisy that day with all the snap, crackle and pop of the rust going on :bust: :coat:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

My other car is.... 1 year 2 months ago #201144

A '96 Legacy Twin Turbo import that I've had for around 14 years now. Since parts are getting hard to find, she now only comes out for special occasions and is wrapped up and SORN'ed otherwise.
Attachments:

My other car is.... 1 year 2 months ago #201148

Always liked the Lancia Beta, a subtle yet beautiful design,
that blue is probably the best colour, must’ve been noisy that day with all the snap, crackle and pop of the rust going on :bust: :coat:

.... less rusty that my TF.....

My other car is.... 1 year 1 month ago #201155

Cars & rust, would you believe it!
I was down at Donington a good while ago & there was a club meet on, the racing was tight & exciting with ding dong battles between like cars.
As with all racing fuel used alters the power to weight ratio & tyre wear has an adverse effect on handling plus for one pair of cars there was another aspect for the drivers to consider.
These two were Alfasud, cars notorious for corrosion.
We were down at Coppice, which is a great vantage point & idea for watching the less experienced drivers cock up; blind right up hill with all the possibilities of getting a clean line out & giving it the beans for the straight. Both of our two heroes wanted that line & neither would give an inch to the point of collision.
Even with the stringent rules of club racing both cars shed extra weight as those bits that the scrutineers couldn’t reach became a cloud of rusty shrapnel.
I suspect that both cars had a goodly number of parts go home in carrier bags.
And this wasn’t vintage racing, the car weren’t all that old in the general scheme of things.
Happy days, For some.

My other car is.... 1 year 1 month ago #201162

Another with a 1.8 K-series engine, (VVC) Rover 200 BRM. As well as suspension set up special to the BRM it has a TorSen LSD as standard. A little pocked rocket at roundabouts....

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Airportable, neilpinleeds

My other car is.... 1 year 1 month ago #201168

Ah the Rover BRM, the one that got away. My dad was involved with the Le Mans car, working on the combustion chamber on behalf of Rover Gas Turbines, he left a trail of partially burned kerosene around Burnley whilst the car visited Wood Top for tests. I nearly bought one (the 200 type, not the Le Mans one), who could resist those pouting orange lips.. It was at scrap price but when I walked around the back I found that most of the near side wasn't included. If I'd have turned up home with that on the trailer behind the Land Rover my wife still wouldn't be on speaking terms & it was a long time ago & no amount of talk about variable valve control or limited slip diffs would have placated her.
Look after it, as we hope for a surge in the values of our MGs, your car is a sure bet.

My other car is.... 1 year 1 month ago #201320

MG6 2015, MGTF 2003, XJR Jaguar 1999 and X Type Jaguar 2006, not being a sucker for punisment.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by KIWI2015.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT