Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Another addition to the fleet 7 years 11 months ago #167225

• Cobber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cobber
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
OK here's the happy snaps of the first ute:

I've gone all over it, and the only things I need to fix before it gets rego are:
Replace diff breather hose
Polish faded headlight lenses
Replace torn lower ball joint boot
Secure spare tyre
Replace cracked LHR indicator lens
Fix tear in drivers seat
Replace wiper blades

Bugger all really!

Pix of the other ute will have to wait until I get around to picking it up, probably a few weeks.

Now those of you with both a keen eye and a good memory, will have noticed the Ford Fairlane in the back ground has changed colour.
I gave it a "Dulux Overhaul" (quickie respray) over Easter, It was about five different colours after an idiot mate smashed it! It was given the name Frankenfairlane after that.
You may have remembered it in happier times before my mate crashed it:

And now:

Why did I change the colour?
1st, I'm bored with silver, way too many silver cars on the road these days.
2nd, The paint was bloody cheap! The materials only cost me @ A$30! and it only took me a few days!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, cairnsys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Another addition to the fleet 7 years 11 months ago #167226

Personally, I like the paint job you did. Great pics. :broon:

Another addition to the fleet 7 years 11 months ago #167228

• Cobber
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
It really did look bad, it had a dark blue, teal, white and grey panels on a silver car! :omg:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Another addition to the fleet 7 years 11 months ago #167229

When we were living in Melbourne in the late 90's we had a Falcon wagaon (estate car in the UK) It looks to be the same model as your ute, 4.0 litre straight six auto and had "computer torque control" written on the side rubbing strakes , it was a Hertz lease car, we did several trips to Brisbane and back, one trip to Adelaide and one trip to Perth, never skipped a beat we were sorry to have to give it back when the job finished.

My work colleague at Patricks had the next model up which was the Fairline (looks like your Green/Silver car in the image) it was duel fuel (Petrol/LPG) fitted from the factory but I think it was the same engine.

Another addition to the fleet 7 years 11 months ago #167233

• Cobber
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
Yeah the Fairlane is basically the same car with 4" more in the wheelbase for more rear legroom, different panels and a higher equipment level.
It's remarkable how our local industry could get so much out of a single design. Both Ford & Holden would get a taxi, family sedan, station wagon, ute, van, executive sedan, luxury car & performance sports, variants out of the same basic design as well as sometimes adding coup'e, AWD, and 4WD (SUV) variants as well.
You can get a Falcon with a 4cyl turbo, straight 6 cyl, straight 6 turbo, V8 or supercharged V8 engines.
Unfortunately our car industry is in serious decline and the mainstream manufacturers are ceasing production, but at least both Ford & Holden keeping their design studios and proving grounds open, you'd be surprised how much design and testing of their US, European and Asian models is done here.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT