Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Gas Sphere Question 1 week 2 days ago #206652

Gentelmen,

Does anyone know what size the threads are on the gas spheres

Been measuring already but can't figure out exactly what thread it is.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Devinci.

Gas Sphere Question 1 week 2 days ago #206653

I assume you are referring to the hydraulic pipe work.
I’ve got my big box of stuff like that out at the moment, however a quick confirmation would be handy, I was just finishing my brew & then putting it away.
M
Edit,
I pulled the appropriate box out of the big box & took it into the workshop to dig out the taps & dies, forget all about it & locked up.
Having had a bath I don’t feel inclined to wander about the garden & open up in my pyjamas I’ll look in the morning.
M, again.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Gas Sphere Question 1 week 2 days ago #206656

When I can be arsed I should wander out to the workshop and find the thread gauges and then further out to the parts shed to find a sphere so as I can take a measurement but as a guess it’s probably 1/4” BSP seeing as how it was made in Pomgolia
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Devinci

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Gas Sphere Question 1 week 1 day ago #206657

Considering your recent incapacity, I’d stay in your chair & enjoy your recuperation, you deserve it & let one of us Poms do the walking about.
Here’s one for those who are accruing years & who might be getting nervous about it.
I’ve been down at church all morning DIGGING a GRAVE. A church wardens job isn’t all fancy hats, staves of office & looking official, there are lots of fun jobs to be done.
I’ll look at the threads when my pacemaker stops thumping.
It’s great to see the grump returning Cobb’s. Take care mate.
Edit.
Lets all give a resounding Hurrah for Cobber! the thread form is indeed. as the master tells us, 1/4 BSP & without looking.
I should have known that considering the oddments I've made. Good on ya mate.
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Gas Sphere Question 1 week 23 hours ago #206661

Ventured out to the workshop but cat find the bastard thread gauges, they’re probably still packed up from the move, I can’t even find any fittings to try and screw on, I know where they will be but they’re well buried. I did however managed to extract a nice shiny brand new sphere from my parts shed, but with nothing to confirm the thread but my old tied worn out eyes it does look to be 1/4” BSP.

Gas Sphere Question 1 week 13 hours ago #206670

Thanks for the info .

Gonna machine a blank up next week see if it wil fit .

Gas Sphere Question 1 week 11 hours ago #206672

You should be able to buy an end cap from a plumbing supplier for bugger all……..much less trouble than machining one up.

Gas Sphere Question 6 days 12 hours ago #206688

You should be able to buy an end cap from a plumbing supplier for bugger all……..much less trouble than machining one up.

Thanks , that will safe me machinine one part , still have to machine one that holds the shrader valve to pressure up the single spheres on the front .

Gas Sphere Question 6 days 6 hours ago #206692

So you’re trying to individualise the spheres, there were individualising kits available from some of the usual suspects, I don’t recall who.
I also recall them being on eBay at some stage in the proceedings.

Gas Sphere Question 5 days 21 hours ago #206694

I made a set a couple of years ago in readiness for jobs not yet done & one reason for this is the dearth of information on the advantages of having them fitted.
Is it to compensate for a sagging sphere or is it a “track day” mod’?
The beauty of hydro gas is the interlinked suspension, what goes up, comes down, to compensate & it’s this that provides the unique properties of this system in a sports car.
Taking this to its logical conclusion ; remove all the interlinked pipe work & fill each sphere individually via a shrader valve fitted locally.
This need not involve having a valve on the unit, it can be achieved by using a further two
RNP100180 pipes, complete with the Schader valve (off a scrapper).
These would be fitted with an end blank & applied to the rear & the front network, as normal but again with blanks to localise the fluid to the front spheres.
I’ll leave this here for now, but when I have the car out after & I can safely lift the boxes down I’ll take some photographs to illustrate.
M

Gas Sphere Question 4 days 15 hours ago #206708

As promised, a few pictures to illustrate.
These speak for themselves really, the blanking end on the pipe was a cobbling job when I started to think about the system & the point about scrapyard parts is underwritten by the rusty nut adjacent to the valve.
Those who have the Satur or the Suplex systems, how did you rate the change over.
David it’s better to grit your teeth & possibly sit this bit out!

Gas Sphere Question 4 days 15 hours ago #206709

Let’s try again with the photographs
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT