Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Link Assembly - Long - Trailing Rear Suspension - LH Rear 1 month 3 weeks ago #206061

The left and right link assemblies appear to be handed but otherwise identical in length etc.
The component that locates at the mid point of the car appears to be common, the component at the hub end would seem to be handed according to whether it is for left or right side of the car. I have not inspected the thread on the bars but can't see a reason for that to differ between left or right side of the car.
So the question is this. Has anybody identified a part number for just the outer end components that are handed? If so can they please let me know what that/they are is please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Link Assembly - Long - Trailing Rear Suspension - LH Rear 1 month 3 weeks ago #206084

The ball joints on the end are Ford Mondeo/ Jaguar X type track rod ends. I am certain that they are from the MK3 but possibly from a MK2

Link Assembly - Long - Trailing Rear Suspension - LH Rea 1 month 3 weeks ago #206085

Thank you for that. Tomorrow will dictate the need, or not, for replacement when subject to MOT and followed by 4 wheel tracking.
At the moment I can’t release the inner end of the off side from the rod itself (I.e. the nut is good and stuck hopefully a little heat might resolve the issue).
I think the inner end “rose joint” might be NLA.

Link Assembly - Long - Trailing Rear Suspension - LH Rea 1 month 2 weeks ago #206100

The inner spherical joint is almost certainly available but the difficulty is locating it. I did trawl suspension joints on eBay and found quite a number but not the right size, the ones that I did find (mostly Jaguar) were quite cheap though.

Link Assembly - Long - Trailing Rear Suspension - LH Rea 1 month 2 weeks ago #206103

I actually ad to remove both of mine and get them very hot before they would move. Even then it took a lot of force too and fro plus liberal amounts of Plusgas. Make sure that you take the correct tracking figures with you especially for the rear suspension. ATS did mine and their programmed in figures are incorrect. I went back and got them to do it properly, you wouldn’t believe the difference.

Link Assembly - Long - Trailing Rear Suspension - LH Rear 1 month 2 weeks ago #206121

The best option I can think of is to find a bush that fits the eye and press a new one in.
There are outfits that make various sized bushes as you might expect. Just need the dimensions! If anyone has a used one that they can measure we might get somewhere - eventually- with a bit of luck.

Ford or similar ball joint ends would cater for the other end.

Link Assembly - Long - Trailing Rear Suspension - LH Rear 1 month 2 weeks ago #206127

The Ford ball joints are the correct ones so best to use them. The spherical bush needs to be retained if possible, with a polybush type insert there will be conflicts as the suspension moves. I am currently nearer Cobber than the U.K. so cannot check how the arm is fabricated but not hard to machine a socket for an off the shelf spherical bush, sadly most of them have a 12mm bore.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT