Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Getting Behind the Window Glass on the Doors... 3 months 1 week ago #205490

I'm wishing to put in some sound deadening pieces against the metal, (where accessible), on the inside of the TF doors and maybe some Waxoyl or similar along (inner) bottom of doors, (remembering to keep drain holes free).

I've successfully got door card off and even, (taking care), the plastic protective sheet (I've got clear PVC 0.5mm sheeting to replace).

My question is as I'm anxious not to put out of adjustment the fit and alignment of the currently perfectly ok glass and I don't know how to;

Can I or how do I safely move the glass out of the way so that I can put pieces of sound deadening mat in place.

Thanks for any advice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Getting Behind the Window Glass on the Doors... 3 months 1 week ago #205491

If the glass is in the raised position, it shouldn't be in the way, unless I'm misunderstanding your comment? You will have the metal cantilever in the door space but that shouldn't be a huge obstacle. Even if you were to remove the glass, the motor is still bolted to the inside face of the door so will likely restrict access as well.

When I did replace the whole motor and lever section, I raised the glass, popped in a couple of wooden door wedges to hold the window and swapped the whole lot out pretty easily. When I refit the new one, I made sure to line up the bolts with the left over impressions on the brackets.

I put a copious amount of Dynax S50 on the inside of mine while I was in there too, for adding sound deadening, you could see about adding some on the reverse of the actual door card too? That way, you can test and adjust by popping it on and off as needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freelancer

Getting Behind the Window Glass on the Doors... 3 months 1 week ago #205494

Thanks SpottyCat,
I'd sent my message BEFORE I'd raised the glass, so I'm confident that all will now become clear!!
(Yeah, I've put some of the deadening material on the inside of the door card and am also a fan of Dynax S50)
Cheers.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT