Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Link 4 through to Fuse 23 & more 3 months 4 weeks ago #205295

Can someone please help with the following. A question relating to the wiring diagram.
I have downloaded the wiring diagrams and am trying to follow through what is initiated/engaged when the ignition switch is turned on.
In particular, if I look on page 58 of the wiring diagram, downloaded from the forum links, and inspect the particular page (the window lift page) I see that power is supplied from the battery to link 4, then to the ignition switch, and from there to fuse 23. If I then follow downstream of that fuse it appears to loop around to an "earth header".
So in simple terms why is that fuse not blowing all the time as power can according to the diagram flow through the ignition switch to fuse 23 and directly to an earth header K108 and earth probably C1686-1.
Clearly this cant be correct. So, what am I missing please?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Removed duplicate

Link 4 through to Fuse 23 & more 3 months 4 weeks ago #205296

I think it is an error, those white wires from Fuse 23 go to the fuel circuit (into Fuel Pump Relay R190) via Header K109 not K108. Just been mislabeled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delbourt

Link 4 through to Fuse 23 & more 3 months 4 weeks ago #205299

Thank you for that response, it sounds logical. Much appreciated.
And apologies for attaching the circuit image twice. I have yet to find out how to edit the post and remove the duplication.

Link 4 through to Fuse 23 & more 3 months 4 weeks ago #205300

It does look like a mistake, but also, the ignition switch is shown in the open position.

Link 4 through to Fuse 23 & more 3 months 4 weeks ago #205301

I’m along with the rest of the chaps, however if you wish to look at the fuel pump layout without a glaring error do look at the f diagram, which is also in the library.
When I’m looking at electrical systems for our & other vehicles, where there are a number of iterations of a type, I open all the available information on my workshop computer. Flicking between one & the next can sometimes give greater clarity.
If you look at the first generation of f diagrams (look at the one on Dieters site) & a slightly later one, this is a great example of the changes which can occur over a short period of time.
M

Link 4 through to Fuse 23 & more 3 months 4 weeks ago #205309

I must admit to having been a bit confused by that particular diagram when I first saw it - and still am. I can't understand how, on a negative earth car, the battery + is shown going to earth and the - feeds the ignition switch, fuses and circuits.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Link 4 through to Fuse 23 & more 3 months 3 weeks ago #205325

Lol!! So that's why I get confused by the wiring diagarms!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT