Sign In   Register

Topic

I went to a hillclimb event and now... 6 months 1 week ago #204460

Always good to see mention of the Connaght sportscar and its marvelously compact V10. One of the original design engineers Tim Bishop a friend of a friend, is back involved again following recent inward investment. The MX5 mule was an interesting excercise but they have even had good results with a derivative of that engine in a motorbike. That sort of engineering daring do deserves to succeed
2003 TF 135 sunstorm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Volcano

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I went to a hillclimb event and now... 6 months 1 week ago #204461

I’m finding this discussion very interesting and informative. You guys are very knowledgeable. Thanks.

When I was searching for Rover K series, I watched a video on an Lotus Exige. What I found amazing is the two guys managed to retrieve over 600 bhp from the rover k series engine, rather than doing an engine swap. Seems like quite a productive HP gain. Though, I imagine there was a seriously diminishing return on horsepower per dollars. 😆

If you’d like I’ll see if I can find it again.

I went to a hillclimb event and now... 6 months 1 week ago #204464

I would like to see the video if you find it. Talking about exotica (Connaught) one other V8 engine is the Ted Martin one IIRC 300 bhp and 300 lbs in weight, I did see a Monica once near Winchester but was probably fitted with a MOPAR engine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Volcano

I went to a hillclimb event and now... 6 months 1 week ago #204465

This guy is doing dragstrip. World record, Lotus Elise Rover K Series engine. In other videos his times are lower, in the 8’s of seconds. Dyno 718 BHP.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Last edit: Post by Volcano.

I went to a hillclimb event and now... 6 months 1 week ago #204466

Yes I too would be interested in seeing that. It would be a remarkable achievement if they managed to extract that amount of power. They must have encased the block with a high carbon steel cryogenic jacket to hold the block together & sink away the heat generated.
The mention of the Martin V8 shook some dust of a box of neurological clutter at the back of memory? I’ll have to look it up. IIRC he started making mini single cylinder aero engines for model aeroplanes & ended up mixing it with Repco, Climax, Cosworth & Holbay.
Monica bought the rights & then the scent goes cold in my memory box.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: MGB281

I went to a hillclimb event and now... 6 months 1 week ago #204467

Crumbs! I think I’ll stick with what I’ve got & once I’ve sorted the flat spot out, I’ll forgo the sequencal gearbox & have a look at my saggy seat.
M

I went to a hillclimb event and now... 6 months 1 week ago #204468

but will that need a special diet or injections ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

I went to a hillclimb event and now... 6 months 1 week ago #204470

Crumbs! I think I’ll stick with what I’ve got & once I’ve sorted the flat spot out, I’ll forgo the sequencal gearbox & have a look at my saggy seat.
M

I for one would rather not look at your saggy seat, but I do believe that there are those who would look at it with much enthusiasm!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

I went to a hillclimb event and now... 6 months 1 week ago #204473

The world is populated by strange people with predilections in areas which “normal” mortals didn’t even realise those areas existed. At least not outside nightmares.
An interest in saggy bottoms is probably small beer to some fetishists.
MG ownership might be considered deviant & we are all guilty of prurient behaviour when a collection of (mostly) men of an uncertain age take an unhealthy interest in what another gets up to when alone in the garage.
M

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT