Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

cooling problem 9 months 1 week ago #203531

There’s a website which is full of information on sensor, their parameters, hot, cold & at all states of the tide. As I’ve said I’m some distance from my information, so I can’t give you a proper reference. I seem to recall it being associated more with the Lotus iteration of the engine & an Andrew Revill has a site, plus sticking in my mind was a remarkable site with more info than you could possibly expect one chap to collate. The trouble is I can’t remember what site it is “Tim’s sensor info site” type of thing rings a bell but I’ve looked up every combination around that idea. You’ll have to look through all the other junk to find it or wait until I get home.
M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

cooling problem 9 months 1 week ago #203536

MG F/TF Fuse & Relay Listing 1 year 8 months ago
This is one of Roverlikes excellent pages, if you use this in conjunction with the circuit diagram from the downloads you'll be able to sort out a short cut to running your engine bay fan.
The diagram you need to look at is number 11 of 59 & the relay you need to concentrate on is at the bottom of the fuse box portion. By removing that relay & linking the brown feed from fuse 9 & linking that to the brown/yellow wire to the fan, you will be able to activate the fan at will. Cross reference with Roverlikes data to locate the relay & to identify the contacts in the relay base to link out. If in doubt don't !
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

cooling problem 9 months 1 week ago #203568

Thanks for the pointer. I looked at diagram 11 initially but can see now i first mistook something else for the ambient air sensor, so assumed it was in series with the fan.
I can see now the clever control stuff that processes the signal from the ambient air sensor is only done on the coil side of the relay so as you say just removing the relay and bridging across the switching side will provide a (safely fuse protected) unswitched + live feed straight to the engine bay fan. I will try this today.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT