Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Warning lights and indicator clicks 10 months 2 weeks ago #202728

I've got a feeling that the LE500 instrument cluster may be different to the UK built cars. The other day I removed the cluster, but then you have a basically sealed unit with two external plug connectors. I would need to perform some major surgery to break the housing apart to get access to remove any of the lamps inside.
I'll try to get a picture.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Warning lights and indicator clicks 10 months 2 weeks ago #202732

For the indicators I bought an Indicator sounder designed for motorbikes , wired it into rear indicators and slipped buzzer under carped behind drivers seat. You can adjust time it starts to sound after you start indicating, so I set mine to 15 seconds and then it reminds the indicators have not cancelled.

The wiring in all SAIC instrument binnacles (there were 906 made I read somewhere) are different to most MG Rover instruments.

There are 4 main variants, not including sub variants - VVC/Steptronic

Mechanical Speedo MGF
Electronic Speedo MGF Early TF
Electronic Spedo TF MY05
Electronic Speedo SAIC (Black Facia)

The MY05 (2004 on) MG TF had an updated dash to incorporate improvements such as Low Water Level alarm, Different SRS alarm and a few others. These have a different wiring loom to earlier MG TF's and the same as SAIC TF's. The SAIC (Black) instruments were designed by MG Rover engineers but never implemented. I believe late (MY05) and SAIC instrument binnacles are interchangeable, plug and play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable, billcoleman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT