Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201303

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Im adding some of the things my 1.6 2002 TF lacks such as electric mirrors, rear speakers, spotlights etc. It already has remote central locking etc so I dont have far to go (except the missing 20bhp someone is sure to say).

I have bought a pair of original tweeters for the doors but there are no markings on my 1.6 door cards where these should go ? Would someone who is reading this who happens to have 10 mins spare please let me have the measurements from the nearest edge to the tweeter body of where i need to make the cutouts in the top bits of the door cards please.

Also am i right in thinking the tweeter just fits into a round hole in the door card with the front and back parts of the tweeter casing screwed together with the door card effectively sandwiched between the 2 halves and then some slack left in the cable to allow the door card to be removed and refitted ? Or does the back of the tweeter somehow attach to the door itself so then the front cover would be screwed onto it once the door card is in place

It would be good to get these sited right otherwise Im guessing it could stick out like a sore thumb :nonod:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by .

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201309

I've been to sleep since I had the cards off so my memory has faded somewhat, your correct in that the tweeters sandwich the door card and stay attached, what I can't recall is if the door itself has a hole or pressing to give clearance for the tweeter. As the cards have to come off whatever I suggest remove them and look, if there is a clearance that will dictate where the hole goes. Did you get the plugs with the tweeters? if not best to sort that and the wiring needed before starting.

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201310

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The cards are off but theres no obvious guide on quite where to cut the holes. Making up the cables will be less of a challenge, no one will spot if I use the wrong colour wire.

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201313

Took a photo and some measurements, hope this helps.
Peter

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201314

whoops tech failure
Attachments:

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201315

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Excellent. Many thanks for taking the time to do that. I will mark and cut the door cards tonight.

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201317

Hey Deepfat are you trying to knock me off the poor photo pedestal!

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201324

I can’t argue with any of those sentiments, to a degree as long as they are relevant, understandable & preferably not in Sepia, because they’d be pictures of the first MGTF, does it matter.

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201342

Airportable as requested very early TF in sepia

Attachments:

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201343

Crikey that is an early tf, I was thinking in terms of the 1954 iteration when I mentioned the early model never expecting such a venerable example as that illustrated to be exhumed. Automotive Archeology.
What’s the angry looking hen behind the find?

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201349

Crikey that is an early tf, I was thinking in terms of the 1954 iteration when I mentioned the early model never expecting such a venerable example as that illustrated to be exhumed. Automotive Archeology.
What’s the angry looking hen behind the find?

That’s an interesting example of the old Aussie curse: “may your chooks turn it no emus and kick your dunny down! “
Hopefully that chook (hen) found a dunny (toilet) to kick down before it made do with the car
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201350

I believe it's a TF-orsorarse probably due to badly stuffed seats

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT