Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201356

A sincere thank you to Cobber for the translation. We are not so much divided by 11000 miles of land & water but by our common language. As the inheritors of tomorrow would grunt if they approve of something; Respect.
I wonder Bruce whether the padding you refer to pertains to your glutinous maximum or your car seat?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201367

I wonder Bruce whether the padding you refer to pertains to your glutinous maximum or your car seat?

Err.... I didn't realise that I was in this conversation. I wonder what it is that I was talking about. I'll have to test the search function to see if it can detect where I said "padding"! :-)

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201370

Ooops sorry Bruce, the jibe was intended for Deepfat & a quip he made earlier. You can interpret my error in one of two ways (1) I wish to include as many regular contributors as possible into the thread to enliven things or (2) I’m a forgetful old fart whose unsure who’s who.
Sorry again allowances have to be made. Mike.

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201384

just seen your post , can I ask how you cut the hole for the twitter thats assuming you have had chance to do the job yet. Also was your car already fitted with central locking or have you added. TIA

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 month ago #201390

Hi Martin, I applied the measurements i was given of 4cm down from the top and 6cm along from the edge, tried it with a cardboard template the size of the outer ring of the tweeter to make sure it looked right and then made a smaller template of the area i had to cut out. I then pushed the tweeter through from the front and did up the ring on the back. The door cards now look like all other TF's, as though the tweeters have always been there.

Wiring was easier than i expected. Id assumed my door loom wouldnt have cables and connectors for either the tweeters or the electric door mirrors which Im fitting at the same time so i bought a cut off section of 2nd hand door loom for both doors from Darren at Mgfntfbitz with the intention of splicing in the necessary wires and connectors. When i looked at the door more carefully i found my 2002 1.6 TF already has the connectors for these present so i didnt actually need to transplant anything from the spare looms. The unused tweeter wires (orange one side, yellow the other) were just clipped up out of the way ready for use.

Let me know how you get on.

Mine had remote central locking already, not sure if it was ordered as an option from new or was retro fitted at some point.

It didnt have the option of rear speakers though, there was just an empty space behind the speaker grilles in the T bar.
This replaces the plain metal cross bar that supports the top of the Tbar with one that has moulded speaker pods. The one i got came with slightly uprated Pioneer speakers which should help. I also bought a wiring loom with it but frankly it would have been just as easy to just run 2 pairs of wires to the front .

Some people mount a 2nd pair of tweeters in the T bar. I bought a couple of extra original door tweeters for this (they were only £ 4 each 2nd hand ) but as my uprated rear speakers contain small built in tweeters themselves I probably wont now add extra ones.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 4 weeks ago #201454

update for Martin. I was surprised to find a loom for the rear speakers tucked up out of the way. It was only visible once i had removed the central cubbies and tunnel cover so had no idea it was there. It plugged straight into the rear speaker bar so has saved me a few mins soldering and shrink wrapping another bit of loom in place.

Plus, Ive just found the connector for the mirror switch tucked away behind the dash. It will be a few more days til I can reconnect the battery but the hope is that the mirror job really was as simple as plugging the pair of electric mirrors plus the joystick switch into existing connectors without modification.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 3 weeks ago #201464

Thats good news, I have a 2004 115 sunstorm which as the electirc mirror and T-bar speakers and wiring for the tweeters. I'm now wondering if I have wiring for central locking. I will have a look when I fit the tweeters, which I am being told I can do when I've finished fitting the kitchen ( hopfully the weekend)

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 3 weeks ago #201466

wow! Now that's a modification a fitted kitchen and to think I was just thinking of updating the head unit :lol:

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 3 weeks ago #201468

wow! Now that's a modification a fitted kitchen and to think I was just thinking of updating the head unit :lol:

What I wanna know is, where’s a walk-in pantry gonna fit? :lol:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 3 days ago #201752

I originally fitted MGZS tweeters that are fitted into the panels that cover the corner of the window where the door mirrors fit.

As I had a mk1 MGF there was no extra wiring but I found that the tweeters connected to the main door speakers using secondary terminals on the main speakers. Luckily I had already replaced the manual mirrors with electric ones, but again I had to add the wiring, this time all of it.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Fitting tweeters in a door card without them ? 1 year 1 day ago #201780

I like the idea of fitting ZS tweeters on the triangular panel where the mirrors bolt through. Angled towards the driver and looks aesthetically good too.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT